Chicago

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
wondercookie

Re: Chicago

Post by wondercookie »

Cool!
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Hey Dan,

Could you look into an alternate bar other than the emerald? I'm ok with the Emerald but since some of the other people will have already met up there the day before they may want to see something different.

I haven't had the time to look into the various bars in the area. Since you're the local you might have a better feel. I personally prefer a place with no dress code. But again am open.
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

How about the Elephant and Castle at 185 N. Wabash? It's very close to the venue, so that will be convenient.
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

The Elephant and Castle sounds great. I love the name....I just chose the Emerald for it's location, I don't mind changing up for May 6th....
Dan K.

Post by Dan K. »

There is nothing wrong with the Emerald at all. I'll be there and want to thank you again for taking the initiative. I just thought it would be fun to experience a new place on a new day, especially for the visitors from out of town.

So if there are no objections to the Elephant and Castle, does 5 work for everyone again? The E & C is essentially supposed to be an English pub (which is why I like it). I recently found out it is a chain because I saw one when I was in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm a little disappointed by that but whatever. Again, if there are better ideas, let us know.
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

Dan/Cookie,

That sounds good this way we change it up over the two days. Well I'll only be there that one day, but you know what I mean :o

Are you guys getting early into the venue? I don't know if I would be allowed to since I bought my ticket through a reseller. I would try if you guys do go. The worst they'll say is no.
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

Dan K. wrote:There is nothing wrong with the Emerald at all. I'll be there and want to thank you again for taking the initiative. I just thought it would be fun to experience a new place on a new day, especially for the visitors from out of town.

So if there are no objections to the Elephant and Castle, does 5 work for everyone again? The E & C is essentially supposed to be an English pub (which is why I like it). I recently found out it is a chain because I saw one when I was in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm a little disappointed by that but whatever. Again, if there are better ideas, let us know.
We will be trying to get into town @ 2:30 on Tuesday -- we're staying at the same hotel as Wondercookie & we're planning to share cabs -etc -- maybe even sitesee together on Wednesday before the Wednesday gig -- the wife & I want to do the river boat tour --

Steve & Ann
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

5 should be fine for me on the 6th........after a day of sightseeing it will be nice to sit and relax with other L.C. fans...

Brick: I sent you and Anne an E-mail about seeing the sights...really looking forward to meeting all of you folks....
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

wondercookie wrote:5 should be fine for me on the 6th........after a day of sightseeing it will be nice to sit and relax with other L.C. fans...

Brick: I sent you and Anne an E-mail about seeing the sights...really looking forward to meeting all of you folks....
I got them --- You are SO the Organizer ---- We're looking forward to those days in Chicago...

Steve & Ann
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have moved the concert reports from this thread to the CONCERT REVIEW thread at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14703
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”