29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
rmura
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 11:13 pm

Re: Tickets by mail

Postby rmura » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:56 am

I received my tickets in the mail today.
No Cure For Love
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby No Cure For Love » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Hey Everybody!

Original Baystater flying in from Boston to check out the 29th show. Excited?...Oh yeah.

I know this is a stupid question, (please forgive me for asking) I left MA in '02 and haven't driven to Boston since...how bad is the frickin' traffic from Taunton to the Wang Center now?

Does anyone have a good route or am I doomed?

My friend and I would be into meeting fans before the show, anyone else?

See ya
sharong
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby sharong » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Rush Hour can be a killer getting to the Wang center and parking will be scarce on Friday. Saturday may be easier. I would check Mapquest

I am driving in from Milford in central Mass and will leave early to get there.
markdu
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:11 am

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby markdu » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 pm

There are some good seats available at Telecharge for both Boston shows. I saw front row available earlier today.
Pomona
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Boston area

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby Pomona » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:44 am

markdu wrote:There are some good seats available at Telecharge for both Boston shows. I saw front row available earlier today.
Jeez - thanks so much for posting that. Last time I checked, the Wang was sold out on the 29th. :lol:
Really appreciate your spreading the word!
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
gussiecat
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby gussiecat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:40 am

it's amazing to me that there are still so many tickets available from telecharge for both boston nights......more for the first concert, but some for both. mostly the higher-end seats, but still. i really thought they'd be all sold out by now. i'm going on the second night b/c i got a better ticket, but i hope there will not be rows of empty seats! jeez, bostonians, i really thought these would be harder tickets to get -- there are so many cohen fans hereabouts. well, maybe it's still early.
User avatar
brightnow
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby brightnow » Tue May 26, 2009 7:06 pm

I think I bought the last pit ticket for the 29th on Saturday night, just a week before the show!
I don't think there will be "rows of empty seats", and I'm sure the pit will be packed :D!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Brookeebrownell
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:50 am

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby Brookeebrownell » Fri May 29, 2009 5:17 am

Hi everyone,
Is there still an interest in getting together after the concert????!!!! I would love to go most anywhere with fellow Cohen fans...if anyone has suggestions on a meeting place....=)
User avatar
brightnow
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby brightnow » Fri May 29, 2009 5:31 am

I'll gladly join. I don't know Boston at all, but I suppose anything within walking distance from the theater would be good.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
gussiecat
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby gussiecat » Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Those of you who are going on the 29th (tonight!), could you possibly let us know how the Wang deals with cameras etc? I'm going on the 30th and would love to bring a tiny camera, but don't want to have it confiscated or something. At the Beacon concert lots of people took photos/film, even though they supposedly had a firm anti-camera policy. So if you could report back to us, that would be such a great favor! And have a WONDERFUL time (which of course you will)!!
Brookeebrownell
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:50 am

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby Brookeebrownell » Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi all! I will have the unified heart symbol in black sharpie on my left hand if anyone wants to say hi or plan a get together after the show!! Also, I am female..with St. Cecilia braids, brown herring bone skirt, grey sweater...I may be crying but it will be out of joy so don't be afraid to say hello!
User avatar
brightnow
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby brightnow » Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm

I'll be wearing all black, that should make me easy to spot in a Leonard Cohen concert, right? :razz:
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
User avatar
brightnow
Posts: 847
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby brightnow » Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 pm

gussiecat wrote:Those of you who are going on the 29th (tonight!), could you possibly let us know how the Wang deals with cameras etc? I'm going on the 30th and would love to bring a tiny camera, but don't want to have it confiscated or something. At the Beacon concert lots of people took photos/film, even though they supposedly had a firm anti-camera policy. So if you could report back to us, that would be such a great favor! And have a WONDERFUL time (which of course you will)!!
I wanted to bring a camera to early entrance, so I walked over to the theater a few minutes ago and asked one of the ushers, the official answer is:
"you are allowed to bring a camera into the building an take pictures in the lobby. No picture-taking in the auditorium. If found taking a picture during the show you MIGHT be asked to surrender your camera or leave."

So much for the official answer, it is good enough for me since I was not planning to take any pictures during the concert tonight. Hope this helps!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
User avatar
leonardmtl
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby leonardmtl » Fri May 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Tonight's the night!!!

Say hello if you see me.......I'll be in jeans with the grey "unified heart" jacket, which I got in Toronto last June, I'll be with my teenage son

Same dress for tommorrow night!


Leonard from Montreal.....same name...same town....no Golden Voice
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
gussiecat
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Postby gussiecat » Fri May 29, 2009 11:17 pm

that certainly DOES help -- thank you so much!!

brightnow wrote:
gussiecat wrote:Those of you who are going on the 29th (tonight!), could you possibly let us know how the Wang deals with cameras etc? I'm going on the 30th and would love to bring a tiny camera, but don't want to have it confiscated or something. At the Beacon concert lots of people took photos/film, even though they supposedly had a firm anti-camera policy. So if you could report back to us, that would be such a great favor! And have a WONDERFUL time (which of course you will)!!
I wanted to bring a camera to early entrance, so I walked over to the theater a few minutes ago and asked one of the ushers, the official answer is:
"you are allowed to bring a camera into the building an take pictures in the lobby. No picture-taking in the auditorium. If found taking a picture during the show you MIGHT be asked to surrender your camera or leave."

So much for the official answer, it is good enough for me since I was not planning to take any pictures during the concert tonight. Hope this helps!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests