29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Eskimo

Re: 29-May-09 Boston, MA Wang Theatre

Post by Eskimo »

Marcus4LC wrote:
gussiecat wrote: It's funny you mention those two solitary front row chairs. My girlfriend and I were in those two chairs! :shock: Any photos you'd care to share with me would be much appreciated.
Click here for my photos on flickr - the back of your head(s) may be in 1 or 2.....
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

gussiecat wrote: yes, everyone was definitely "looser"......even the patter was less scripted (some of the time anyhow).......just so wonderful.
This is indeed wonderful since in the newspaper reviews, one of the things that seems to sometime overshadow the raves is the 'scripted patter'. Keep the unscripted patter coming LC - we love anything you say!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Absolutely stunning photos Eskimo! Thank you!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

Eskimo wrote: Click here for my photos on flickr - the back of your head(s) may be in 1 or 2.....
Eskimo thanks for the great photos. Indeed, I must apologize for my large head appearing in some of your photos. :lol: I hope it wasn't obstructing your view too much. As for the show, I was just telling someone that I thought Leonard's voice was amazingly full and well tuned. Didn't sound like his original, early recordings, but why should it? And Javier Mas was sitting directly in front of us, and he was fantastic on his 12 stringed instruments. Truly a pleasure...
Eskimo

Post by Eskimo »

Marcus4LC wrote: Indeed, I must apologize for my large head appearing in some of your photos. :lol...
....Leave it home next time ;-) ....I hope you don't mind but I quoted some of your comments in the Concert Review thread - this thread is the propagation of the one when tix went on sale...
Marcus4LC

Post by Marcus4LC »

Eskimo wrote:
....Leave it home next time ;-) ....I hope you don't mind but I quoted some of your comments in the Concert Review thread - this thread is the propagation of the one when tix went on sale...
Just to be clear, my head is the one with hair! :D

Feel free to repost my comments. My girlfriend was so happy to hear "Famous Blue Raincoat" towards the end of the show. That is one of her all time favorites. She was a long time fan, before she ever knew me many years ago, and had seen him at several venues in the past. She really felt, and again it could be the proximity, that he was really "there" and in the moment. Obviously, the show has a setlist and many things are planned and rehearsed in advance, but it did not feel canned or forced in any way. It felt genuine and his admiration for the other musicians seemed heartfelt and warm. A very special evening...IMHO...
elsamaria

Post by elsamaria »

IrishMar wrote:Really looking forward to the show tomorrow night Will be at the early entry and hope to meet some Forum members.
Bringing a friend I hope to 'convert', well that can only go one way, will let you all know.

Marie
Dear IrishMar,
I loved meeting you at the Wang Center! Hope to see you in Lisbon :lol: :lol:
my daughter wrote about our meeting in her blog: http://art-of-fe.blogspot.com/2009/05/l ... cohen.html

But I already explained to her that leonard already found a way to be with all of us ;-) in his song Because Of.

Hugs
Elsa
under L.C. spell since 1981.
Toronto June 8 /Boston May 30

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”