The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jakemass48

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Post by jakemass48 »

Yeeee Haaaaa!!!!!

Orchestra 2 Row B....Hope to see everybody at the show......Allan
udipl

Post by udipl »

Yeah! I got in on ORCH3, row O. I'll see you all there.

by 10:06, I tried to get 2 more tickets in a second browser session and it was already sold out.
lynam

Post by lynam »

yessssssssssss.

orchestra row zz 201,202. first time to New York also.

cannot wait.
Merganser

Post by Merganser »

First of all, thanks for the advice. It turns out that you can't buy handicapped seating through the fan presale.
The fellow at TicketMaster customer service was very apologetic (after 45 minutes of screwing around on hold and waiting for him to try and figure things out), but the pre-sale is online only, and the options to select handicapped seating do not appear in the pre-sale pages, so there's apparently nothing he can do.

I guess I'll just hope that there's no mad rush of people who need wheelchair-accessible seats at 10 AM on Monday ;P
I'll call Radio City Music Hall Disabled Services first thing in the morning, though, see if they're any more helpful.

It's frustrating - per the advice in the quoted thread above, I called RCMH Disabled Services over a week ago. They told me I should talk to TicketMaster, since TM would be running the pre-sale. That made sense, so I called TM - they told me it was easy to request handicapped seating because there'd be an option for it on the TM site when you're searching for tickets. Clearly, no one knew that the handicapped seating bit wasn't built in to the pre-sale page. I guess it's not that bad, yet - if I can't get tickets come Monday, then I'll be pretty incensed.

It doesn't really hurt me (I saw Cohen at the Beacon, and will see him in Ottawa and Boston), but it'd be terrible for my friend. He can't get out too much, not to things like this anyhow, and would love to see this concert.
woolwork

Post by woolwork »

i found that pairs were not readily available a few minutes after 10... singles were still available at 10:14... by specifying best available...
what a scramble...
i'm not sorry to be traveling to Boston for May 30th... in addition to the mid-may RCMH...
thank you Jarkko for your updates, encouragement, and efforts
jane
erik_1099

Post by erik_1099 »

LA Presale went quick and smooth for me. Thanks to Jarkko for his efforts!
quicktime

Post by quicktime »

Thanks, Jarkko. They opened up the presale for Los Angeles a few seconds after 10:00am, and I got my 2 orchestra seats. They still have others left as of 10:10.
j6ppc

Post by j6ppc »

I got 2 orchestra in LA as well. This will be great since I've not seen him perform since the '80s.

Thanks for the efforts in setting up the presale
Bests

Jon
zugerd

Post by zugerd »

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much, Jarkko. I missed out on the Beacon presale, got nothing on the Beacon sale, nothing on the Amex sale, found nothing affordable on the Internets. Today i logged on at 10 AM, got the password and scored 2 orchestra seats in row O. Then I tried for two more, and I got something in the mezzanine. So my wife and son can both go, instead of having to stab each other over the tickets...
This is amazing..I've been following the tour since it started back in the Maritime Provinces and now I have a ticket. I feel totally blessed.
rickmond

Post by rickmond »

woo hoo. here's my little story. i bought 2 tickets just right of the center section of the nokia (row V, seats 203 and 204) within 3 minutes of 10:00 am, then without thinking of the two ticket limit, i did a search for a solo. one came up, row Z, dead center of the house. bought that too lol. realized i was over my ticket limit, placed a call to ticketmaster to see if it was ok. they said i would have to give up one of the orders or run the risk of having one or both orders deleted. so i gave up the solo, and saw it back online within minutes. was just about to inform you guys (in case anyone was looking for a solo) but looks like it's gone now too.

lesson of the day? don't be greedy :oops:

although now i'm scratching my head over who to bring as a date. "Leonard who? Leonard huh?" My friends are more inclined to go see NE-Yo or, at best, Radiohead, sadly. :?

see you all there!
erik_1099

Post by erik_1099 »

If they like Radiohead, then they should appreciate Leonard.
rickmond

Post by rickmond »

you'd think! right? i've been waiting a decade for this one... guess i simply wish i knew someone who could "feel" leonard's music in the same, near-spiritual way. preferably, a hot girl in her 20s with the wisdom of a thousand heartaches. 8)
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

rickmond wrote:you'd think! right? i've been waiting a decade for this one... guess i simply wish i knew someone who could "feel" leonard's music in the same, near-spiritual way. preferably, a hot girl in her 20s with the wisdom of a thousand heartaches. 8)

I met that girl --we've been together for 37 years --sorry about that.... :oops:
door hinge

Post by door hinge »

Thank you jarkko for all your dedication and organizing to help fans enjoy the shows (and the anticipation of the shows). I look forward to the performance and also have an extra pair of tickets for Vancouver on April 19.
thanks again.
msalwaysright

Post by msalwaysright »

If I have correct information, the presale for the Nov 1 show in Asheville, NC starts tomorrow. Is the passcode listed here on the forum? (I did a search so as not to be a pest, but I found nothing.)
I never imagined I'd have a chance to see him live, especially so near home!
Posted too soon-I found the area for info in news\ticket links. I'm just freaking out with excitement-ignore me. :lol:

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”