The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
swansong

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Post by swansong »

Just thought I'd add my "two cents worth" to this thread. We rehearsed and planned ahead so that when the pre-sale on Wednesday went ahead for the Calgary event at the Jack Singer, we'd get first crack at tickets. We've been fans for 35 years, and since seeing Leonard last time through,quite a number of years back(11th row tickets then,) we were anxious to see him once again, this time with our daughter, who is now an uber fan. So, what did we get for our efforts at 10:02 a.m.? Last row in the entire theatre. O.K., so we're there. We have tickets. But this is the PREsale for FANS? We will line up at a Ticketmaster booth on the Public sale day on Monday to try our luck at the general public seats. I know friends at work will buy these balcony seats from us if we get anything closer. What a lot of drama. If Leonard's concert is anything close to what it was last time we were so lucky to see him, it will be phenominal. Best concert we've ever been too. Three encores. A veritable Love IN. On our way out of the venue it was very slow. Someone wondered what was taking so long. I quipped, "Leonard must have run around to the front door to say goodbye and thank us all for coming." I wasn't too far off. Each lady was being presented with a long stemmed rose, by the ushers holding the doors. Each rose had a tag on it that pretty well said, "Thanks for coming...LC". Can't wait 'till April 26th.
:D Good Luck to everyone trying to get tickets. Don't stop trying, as it will be well worth your efforts. Hopefully Forum members will continue to post their extra tickets on this site to help fellow fans secure the opportunity to see Leonard.
Last edited by swansong on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Walsh75

Post by Walsh75 »

kayfhumphreys wrote: Loosing my faith in live music.
I'm getting to agree with you there after this. I don't know what it is about live music and our favorite artists coming to the "home towns" that drive ppl into a frenzy.

Within the last three or four years, I became a sports fan at age 29 and 30. As I guy I was a real late bloomer on that front. However, I don't feel the need to go see the Tigers or Lions in person. I am content with the best seat in the house- my house-watching it on TV.

Yet even though I am super mad and worried about this ticket mess, a huge part of me still wants to see LC. I heard the NPR broadcast today and I will buy the CD/DVD the first day it comes out. Yet these live recordings still don't cut it. I want to be at The Fox to see and hear for myself "live" in real time, at the hometown place.
uscstephen

Post by uscstephen »

3:05 AM CST AUSTIN, TEXAS

Attn Friends who may have lost hope: There are several excellent VIP package seats available at this moment for the Austin show. It's a lot of money but for those who thought they were shut out at The Long Center, hop on right now. I suggest y'all continue to try in your own cities as well. Tickets have a way of becoming available well after a show is sold out. Good luck.

Many thanks to Jarkko and Co. for allowing me to get a nice seat at a fair price on the pre-sale. Best regards.
Austin, Texas. April 1st & 2nd, 2009.
bill kennedy

Post by bill kennedy »

FAT LOT OF GOOD HAVING A PASSWORD DID ME. I will try to get a ticket on Monday, for the Detroit venue, but I spent most of the other day staring at the same message, that there was a problem with the password or whatever and to try again. I can't tell you how many times I typed in the same information, typed the secret words exactly, with spacing, tried 'itwasthehat' in upper case, lower case, initial letters in caps, etc., always asked for ANY PRICE, and Best available, which should have brought up a ticket somehow, tried the different ticket prices, tried everything to no avail. the most frustrating day I have spent in many years. There was nothing to be gained by belonging to this forum and getting a 'password'.
burningviolin

Post by burningviolin »

Swansong you said

"Someone wondered what was taking so long. I quipped, "Leonard must have run around to the front door to say goodbye and thank us all for coming." I wasn't too far off. Each lady was being presented with a long stemmed rose, by the ushers holding the doors. Each rose had a tag on it that pretty well said, "Thanks for coming...LC"."

Thats so cool, about the roses. When where was that?
2009 Liverpool 14/07/09, Dublin 20/07/09, Belfast 26/07/09, Lisbon 30/7/09, Barcelona 21/09/09.
2010 Sligo (x2), Lille 25/09/10 Las Vegas 11/12/2010
2012 Wembley 8/9/12, RHK 11/9/12
O2 London 2013 O2 Dublin 2013
"I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned."
swansong

Post by swansong »

burningviolin wrote:Swansong you said

"Someone wondered what was taking so long. I quipped, "Leonard must have run around to the front door to say goodbye and thank us all for coming." I wasn't too far off. Each lady was being presented with a long stemmed rose, by the ushers holding the doors. Each rose had a tag on it that pretty well said, "Thanks for coming...LC"."

Thats so cool, about the roses. When where was that?
That concert was in Calgary, Alberta at the Jack Singer auditorium,probably about 15 years ago. It holds less than 3000 people. The ambience in that place was palpable. It felt like a kitchen party really. What most impressed me, was whenever there was an instrumental solo, such as mandolin, or horns, everyone in the band, plus Leonard, Perla and the other backup singers would turn to face them, listen and honour their performance. The audience was reacting to various lines in Leonard's songs, such as "I ache in the places that I used to play", and he'd respond with a smile, or a comment. Then yes, the roses at the end of the night at the door. An amazing night all round.
I actually sent Leonard Cohen a thankyou card when we got home. I don't know if he ever received it, but it just felt like the thing to do. I hope you run into him soon, (in concert ;-)
mirka

Fan Presale in Oakland

Post by mirka »

I'm posting exchange from another thread, I'm curious if this happened also at other locations:
by colombo
It is ironic that the only seats that were restricted to "will call only" were the 2 seats/customer fan club tickets.
AMEX/AEG tickets were 4/customer with no delivery restrictions.
And the best seats were for "Friends and Family" 6/customer. These are the ones showing up on scalper sites right now.
by mirka
The same idea of exploiting most enthusiastic fans was used earlier during this tour (I wrote about it during European leg), tickets offered for 'fans pre-sale' were mostly mediocre ones.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13803&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Merganser

Post by Merganser »

Does anyone have any experience in buying tickets through one of the pre-sales to sit in one of the handicapped or wheelchair-accessible seats? I'm looking to go to the Radio City concert, and one of my friends would really like to go as well, but it's not really feasible if we can't get seats in a wheelchair-accessible location.

Thanks

oh yeah, sorry if I missed this information somewhere, I poked around the site a bit and didn't see anything.
margaret

Post by margaret »

afterbathing

Post by afterbathing »

Any chance of adding Portland, OR to the tour? I missed the fan club presale for Seattle and all but the $549 VIP tickets appear to have sold out through the fan club, AmExpress, and some 'friends & family' presales there. My life is ruined.

--Will
kokenpere

Re: Chicago concert

Post by kokenpere »

Hello to all -

While I could not get a confirmation from either Ticketmaster or tour management, Sharon Robinson's website advertises a second Chicago date of May 6th. If this is true, it would be great news. Any other input from other forum members would be appreciated.

michael
A Brick in the Wall

Re: Chicago concert

Post by A Brick in the Wall »

kokenpere wrote:Hello to all -

While I could not get a confirmation from either Ticketmaster or tour management, Sharon Robinson's website advertises a second Chicago date of May 6th. If this is true, it would be great news. Any other input from other forum members would be appreciated.

michael
I do not see it on her website -- http://www.sharonrobinsonmusic.com/

Where did you see it?
freshwindbrightsky

Post by freshwindbrightsky »

Forgive me if this has been answered already...there are now 18 pages in this thread...if I've already purchased PreSale tix, can I still try for 2 more from the Public Sale? Thanks.

I can't stop listening to the Webb Sisters new EP...I loved them at the Beacon!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi freshwind,

Welcome to the Forum! No, there is no restriction in trying for better seats today or more seats when they open up for the general public. The problem is that the pre-sale tickets are will-call only and you have to show photo id plus the credit card you used so trading them off or selling them to others could be dicey. Good luck!

Diana

ps..wasn't the Beacon an awesome concert. So glad you were able to attend!
freshwindbrightsky

Post by freshwindbrightsky »

ladydi wrote:Hi freshwind,

Welcome to the Forum! No, there is no restriction in trying for better seats today or more seats when they open up for the general public. The problem is that the pre-sale tickets are will-call only and you have to show photo id plus the credit card you used so trading them off or selling them to others could be dicey. Good luck!

Diana

ps..wasn't the Beacon an awesome concert. So glad you were able to attend!

Thanks Diana! I forgot that I had to pick 'em up Will Call...well...I'll see what I can get. Yep...I'm still FLOATING from the Beacon!! :D

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”