CONCERT REPORT: New York, Feb 19 at the Beacon

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
sturgess66

Re: CONCERT REPORT: New York, Feb 19 at the Beacon

Post by sturgess66 »

="Mabeanie1"
I'm assuming this is the widely available NPR broadcast.

W

That's exactly what it is - and just recently uploaded by "Mr. Eddie" at YouTube - and posted here in the event that some have not heard it.
sue7

Post by sue7 »

sturgess66 wrote:
="Mabeanie1"
I'm assuming this is the widely available NPR broadcast.

W

That's exactly what it is - and just recently uploaded by "Mr. Eddie" at YouTube - and posted here in the event that some have not heard it.
This recording is no longer available at NPR: there's a message on the site to that effect at
http://www.npr.org/2009/02/26/101034642 ... on-theatre

This is great for those who missed it back in 2009.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I was afraid that Vern's post would say The Beacon. I was in the 'green room' with Leonard [and others, of course] when at least one person ~ Bob or another??? He was described as looking like a street person and being "Leonard's longtime biographer," when I asked someone who that was [the name given]. When Leonard was informed by someone that he had TRIED to get in to see him, but that Security had turned him away. Leonard was visibly upset and stood up and took a couple steps toward the door, and then turned back to sit down. I asked did he want me to go find him [not thinking in that moment how easily he would have disappeared into the streets of New York], and Leonard said, "No, it's okay," but he was CLEARLY not happy! The common element was that "he looked like a street person... " so I believe it WAS him, and that he tried again later... unsuccessfully. So distressing!

I found the Security to be extremely heavy-handed, myself... no matter what I said that was legitimate, as to who said what for me to be able to get back there, they were refusing, until Esther's sister came along, and told them "She's fine! Let her in... " and then said to me, "Follow me... "
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

During 'Take This Waltz' he mentions the 'irreplaceable Dino Soldo'. - I had forgotten that he used that word to describe Dino.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”