CONCERT REPORT: New York, Feb 19 at the Beacon

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Actually

Re: New York, February 19, 2009 - Beacon Theatre Show

Post by Actually »

Oh and can anyone tell me, if I can wash that bag? I was using it while walking through the city and somehow there must have been some dirt/dust around...
Last edited by Actually on Thu May 27, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Nikko,
What great pictures - you shouldn't have cut off your head - you are gorgeous. Thank you for the pics!
Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

If anyone is interested I have uploaded some more concert videos. You can find them at the top of the youtube link topic section , or follow this link to Democracy and they are all there.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSCBV9ycyXQ

albert
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
lightning

Post by lightning »

Irish Al-- did you have permission from the house or someone to shoot all this video? A high def camcorder is large and not easily concealed.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Nico ~

Thanks for those great photos [I'm trusting that we'll see them elsewhere later, including you, right? You have that 'bigger than life,' blonde woman thing going on :D ... like Movie Star Central]... the Webb Sisters have such a sweetness about them and it shows in their photos 8) .

The one of Sharon Robinson reminds me of what I thought of, again, as I watched her Thursday night... how, when I went to see Michelle Obama speak in person during the end portions of the campaign, as I watched and listened to her, I thought, "She's got the Sharon Robinson thing going on... natural, strong, earthy, down-to-earth, sincere, intelligent, genuine, warm, and engaging... glorious, huge smiles and sparkling eyes that glow... they emanate enough light to illuminate a room... a very real, unproduced kind of beauty." Watching her interact with others during the VIP reception, I thought about how similar her interaction manner was to Michelle's, as I watched Michelle on the rope line after her speech. I came within three people of meeting Michelle [two others between us]... I'm so happy to say that wasn't the case with Sharon. Waiting my turn, I was able to meet her just before she had to depart to go do the show. It's interesting to me that I first compared our First Lady to Sharon, rather than vice versa. Their public selves are very similar... and, with each, their public selves appear to be in sync with their private selves. Both such very 'together' women.

Such classic understatement when I said to Sharon, "It was very nice to meet you."

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Leonard from Montreal ~

You may need to rework your signature... I did see you at the VIP reception, did I not? If I'm remembering correctly on that, and you thought to keep it, you indeed now do have the Golden Voice ;-) .

Thank you for your appreciation and being so happy for me on my Joe's Pub experience. I appreciate that... a lot. Thank you, too, for your insight and the additional connections 8) .

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Oscar Wilde
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Hallo!

This is so great to read in this forum. I have see the you tube from beacon is so good. I remeber from the last concert in vienna 2008 for
me the best concert .sorry i have forget too write in englisch.
Greating from vienna
marina
Last edited by Wimmer on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Marina ~

The purpose of language is to communicate, right? I understand perfectly what you're saying. Your English is fine. Greetings to Vienna and welcome back to the Forum :D .

It's so exciting reading what everyone says, much less viewing it. As much as is possible, it's the reliving of a wonderful night.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Hallo Lizzy!

Thank you,
I would like gladly to part in the concert in new york. :D :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I watched the video, Irish Al. Thank you for capturing this song. It's such an important one for our country right now. I love this man. No one can sing his songs like he does. Only he totally captures all of the internal energies and meanings of his lyrics. He worked so hard to get them exactly right. Only he knew what he was going for... and only he knew when he nailed it. It all comes through only when he sings them. As someone said earlier, it was the best rendering of I'm Your Man they've ever heard. It's because only Leonard knew the original, intended nuances and is able to convey them, in so many different ways... his pauses, his inflections, his body language, his every means of expression.

You even captured his skip :D !!! YaY 8) !!!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

Hi again, Marie ~

I know your face and am wondering if it's because we talked, or because I just listened as you were talking with someone else... maybe Marie [the other one]? I keep looking and trying to bring it back which it was.

That is such a beautiful story and unbelievably good photo . I'm so glad you seized the moment . You're very beautiful, and Leonard looks so handsome, healthy, and happy. You obviously had a very positive exchange. It's going to be some time before you normalize.

~ Lizzy
Hi Lizzy

Thank you for your lovely comments on my photo etc. Yes we did indeed meet. We made eye contact and smiled, in the restroom of all places!, before the show. Later I was talking to Marie Mazur in O'Hurleys and we did exchange a few words, albeit brief. It was lovely to meet you and hope to see you again "on down the road" as Leonard would say. Sorry about the delay in replying, I havn't normalized yet!!

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Aha ~ yes! No wonder :D . I remember both now... and Marie had confirmed for me that when I came up and touched her on the shoulder [wanting to let her know I was there without interrupting your and her conversation], that it was you. Your face is very memorable... in the context of so many people and exchanges, the exact times and locations can become lost. The connection is what matters most.

I'll bet you haven't normalized yet 8) ! No rush... :D . I'm so happy for you.

Love to you, Marie,
Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

lizzytysh wrote:Leonard from Montreal ~

You may need to rework your signature... I did see you at the VIP reception, did I not? If I'm remembering correctly on that, and you thought to keep it, you indeed now do have the Golden Voice ;-) .

Thank you for your appreciation and being so happy for me on my Joe's Pub experience. I appreciate that... a lot. Thank you, too, for your insight and the additional connections 8) .

~ Lizzy
See new signature!......

Leonard from Montreal...same name...same town...no Golden Voice (Capitalized)
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
Relate

Post by Relate »

I attended the show last Thursday - what an evening! But I am surprised that no-one has mentioned the fiasco at the beginning of the show. Lots of people were still taking their seats *5* songs into the performace, there was confusion all around and the sound of walkie-talkies as the ushers tried to sort out the mess. At one point an usher even tapped me on the shoulder, interrupting my enjoyment of a song, to ask what my seat number was. It was utter chaos, and ruined a good portion of the first half of the show. Did the box office release some last minute unsold tickets or something? It was a fantastic show, but something went seriously wrong at the beginning.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Leonard's concerts always begin exactly at the given time, and many venues are not used to that. They should ask people to take their seats much earlier!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”