A Message to that Select Group from Wet Rocks

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Greg Ross

A Message to that Select Group from Wet Rocks

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations to my lovely fellow Wet Rocks friends.

I had a lovely surprise early this week - Di had posted me a wonderful gift - the tie - it wasn't to my knowledge, available in Australia and I often have to wear a tie.

I promised her (by email), that I would wear it today (Friday) for a special lunch at Perth City Council House - I, along with eight others, was a guest of Councillor Eleni Evangel - she's the gorgeous lady on the right in the photo. The beautiful lady on the left, is also Eleni (I cannot, sadly, think of her name), born in Montréal, she shares her time between Athens and Melbourne - you might not know, but Melbourne is said to be the second biggest Greek city in the world! She's an actress and even had a small part in Mama Mia.

Anyhow, the real star of the day was the tie and everybody loved the story behind it. Mind you, the day only got better, when I arrived home, there was another parcel! This time from Denise, who sadly, I never got to meet. She has sent me a very special three CD set from Paris! I am listening to it now, as I write! Fabulous, thank you so much dear friends.

In turn, I hope that early next week, a small parcel will arrive at each of your doorsteps, except for Mary and George - I can't get hold of them to get a postal address, I’ve left messages on this site, but alas, not a word. So if you hear from her, please tell her I've not left her out, I just need an address.

All Good Things, your mate from the Great Southern Land, come to think of it, that's a classic old Aussie rock song, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mkidP2OUCk

Cheers
Greg
Attachments
Eleni, Greg & Eleni.jpg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
mutti

Re: A Message to that Select Group from Wet Rocks

Post by mutti »

Mary
I looked on the internet and found the address of your club and gave that to Greg today...
Greg the tie that binds...
Have a good weekend my friend.
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
MaryB

Re: A Message to that Select Group from Wet Rocks

Post by MaryB »

Greg,

You look soooo elegant in your tie! Are you the PM of Australia or something, hobnobbing with all these prominent people 8) :roll: :lol: ?

So I'm back from my brief sojourn and you should have gotten my email by now. Sorry for the delay :( .

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”