Live In London: Australian DVD & CD Release

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
spall

Live In London: Australian DVD & CD Release

Post by spall »

Hi everyone

This has just come across my desk and thought I'd share it with fellow fans in Australia!

Live In London DVD and CD will be released concurrently on March 28.

Catalogue numbers are:
DVD - 88697405039
CD - 88697405022

I'm sure the content will be the same as other territories only different region coding for DVD.

Cheers
NickShears

Re: Live In London: Australian DVD & CD Release

Post by NickShears »

Thanks spall, that'll save me having to wait the extra time for shipping from the US.
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Hi Nick

Many thanks for the information, although the Amazon site says for US customers only, I was able to order it earlier today (Wednesday 18th Feb) and I've received a confirming email from Amazon, the price, including postage, was $34.97, with delivery promised by mid April.
Cheers and thanks once again.
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Hi Nick

Just a quick question, I hope I am not out of line.

Why would you order it from Amazon when it will be the same price or maybe cheaper from anywhere in Australia, especially considering you could pick it up from 28 March just about anywhere.

Curious.

Pete
NickShears

Post by NickShears »

skipper1967 wrote:Hi Nick

Just a quick question, I hope I am not out of line.

Why would you order it from Amazon when it will be the same price or maybe cheaper from anywhere in Australia, especially considering you could pick it up from 28 March just about anywhere.

Curious.

Pete
You're not out of line at all Pete. There were two potential reasons I would have ordered from Amazon. One was if the CD and/or DVD were going to be released significantly later here in Oz, so I could have saved time.

The other was that I have a credit balance with Amazon.com from a gift voucher that I bought myself some time ago when the exchange rate was so much in our favour. (AUD $1 worth about USD 95c instead of 65c.) So I have not only already spent the money, but the net cost of the CD and DVD to me could have been less than if I were paying Australian retail prices now. But on this purchase, since there's not going to be any time saving, I'll continue to hold on to that credit balance to use it for things that I can't get locally.
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
spall

Post by spall »

I'm also waiting to see if the content (especially DVD) is the same in Australia. If it's different, I'm sure more than a few of us will be buying both from here and OS.

Spall
suburban.hornbag

Post by suburban.hornbag »

I am really excited about getting the DVD, why would you think it would be any different to the US one?

It's Live in London surely that means one version?

Mind you I sure would love to see LC's little chuckle and big grin again when someone in the crowd in Brisbane yelled out for him to come back next year! :lol:

Ohh the memories!

Priceless.
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Nick

Thanks for the explanation, not that you needed to explain yourself to me.

I often buy from overseas at http://cheap-cds.com/surf/home
but they are not taking orders at the moment.

I could often order a cd Monday and it would be at my house in country NSW Friday, and for a total cost of less that $20 for a new release freight inclusive.

Pete
spall

Post by spall »

suburban.hornbag wrote:I am really excited about getting the DVD, why would you think it would be any different to the US one?

It's Live in London surely that means one version?

Priceless.
Yes it's the same concert and you can only have one version but sometimes in an effort to differentiate the product in various territories the labels will mix up portions of the content to make it unique to that particular territory/country. For instance they may leave out a song or two, or have different bonus material or none at all. It' also gives the labels a reason to say 'exclusive' because no other territory has the exact same content. Selling tool. Just like why they change the packaging at times.
bumerang

Post by bumerang »

I just rang a Sydney JB HiFi store, both the DVD and the CD are in stock already, I'm going to buy them right now !
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Got my copies of both DVD and CD at JB Hi Fi at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast last Friday.

Beautiful stuff indeed, although I miss The Partisan, Chelsea Hotel and Famous Blue Raincoat.
Fontana

Post by Fontana »

No. 1 DVD in AUSTRALIA this week.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/char ... rt=1V40DVD

CD came in @ No. 26

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/char ... chart=1G50

(I have also added this ^^ information in the 'News' thread on the forum).
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Fontana, as an aside to your post, I've a friend who was passing through a Myers store during the past week and was totally derailed from her shopping mission when she heard and saw 'LC Live In London' playing on the array of large plasma TV screens they have in such places. :o Anyway, she realised she didn't have a copy, so purchased one on the spot. ;-)

It's a strange thing for me, as a long-term fan, to see this rise in LC's public profile, something that I never thought would happen. I do have mixed feelings about it: on one hand I really enjoy it and find it reaffirming, as I think his artistry is finally being rightfully acknowledged and he is being rediscovered by a whole new generation etc.; while at the same time I wonder whether he's become a bit too popularised (e.g. through "Hallelujah") and a bit too much of a commercial product these days. :? Maybe I just want to "have my cake and eat it too"! ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
proftournesol

Post by proftournesol »

Is it just me? These releases are crap! The CD is really really compressed, so much so that it sounds lifeless and dead. The DVD is not widescreen - why?
The live performances were so good that it took a real effort of mixing and editing to degrade the performance to this state. Which Sony executive is responsible for this?

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”