LC's Farewell Benefactions

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
dce

LC's Farewell Benefactions

Post by dce »

I've noticed that throughout LC's Australian tour, the little farewell 'blessing' that he gives to the audience at the very end of the show has gradually grown longer and more elaborate. Here is the benefaction from the Brisbane show, which I think is quite beautiful (Bimbadgen and Centennial were similar but shorter):

"Thanks for staying for the whole night ... drive safely home. Don't catch a summer cold.

"May you be surrounded be friends, family, and a sane community. And leaders and counsellors ... in whose hearts there is a spirit of understanding. But if you have none of these, may the blessings find you in your solitude.

"Thank you friends, for this .. memorable evening."

dce
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
NickShears

Re: LC's Farewell Benefactions

Post by NickShears »

Thanks dce. Another bit of last week's concert for me to treasure.
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”