CONCERT REPORT: Bowral, February 1

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
flopearedmule

Re: Centennial Vineyards Bowral, Feb 1

Post by flopearedmule »

dce

Post by dce »

flopearedmule wrote:The Illawarra Mercury (local paper) says "more than 8000."
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news ... 21476.aspx
OK ... in guesstimating numbers I was going by the seating plans that were posted on the Day On The Green website, but looking at those again I note that these really only count the reserved seating and VIP areas. So ... the GA would be at least as much again -- so definitely possible that there were a LOT more people ...

dce
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

dce wrote:=
3. Anthem: lyric was back to "birth delayed"
Since the line originally was "the birth betrayed" are you sure he changed it back to "birth delayed" and if so what other version was used in between?
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Leonard's farwell to Bowral:-

“On a personal note, I want to thank you all for keeping my songs alive all these years. It’s been a great honour. I don’t know if you know how rare and how beautiful it is to participate in a gathering like this, but they are indeed rare and I wish these waves could spread beyond this island continent and embrace the whole world”
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

Just a humble thanks for those who read my report and viewed my you tubes.
dce

Post by dce »

Steve Wilcox wrote:
dce wrote:=
3. Anthem: lyric was back to "birth delayed"
Since the line originally was "the birth betrayed" are you sure he changed it back to "birth delayed" and if so what other version was used in between?
Steve,
I guess that does read a little vaguely ... the original is "birth betrayed" ... for the Australian shows on Jan 26, 28, and 29 he sang "Birth delayed", but then on the Jan 31 performance it was "betrayed". For the Feb 1 show it was back to the lyric that LC had sung for the earlier Aus shows (delayed). From memory, he also sang this on the Brisbane (Feb 3) show.

A minor point ... but worth getting right :-)

dce (temporarily back home)
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

pointofviewpoint1983 wrote:If anyone would please chime in on the support acts, and how that went down? any info would be much appreciated...and/or photos.

:)
Here is a link to some photos on The Triffids' website from their days playing support to Leonard Cohen at Hunter Valley and Bowral which LC fans should find of interest - more so the ones of LC's annotated keyboard and setlist than the pics of the band I expect (but some might appreciate them too and will probably find a glimpse of the backstage view has a certain novelty of its own):

http://thetriffids.com/zenphoto/leonard ... ows-2009-/
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

thanks for the set list pic esp as I got one (javiers) so it was more than interesting to see Leonards parts here.

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”