Concert Shirts

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Greg Ross

Concert Shirts

Post by Greg Ross »

My cousin in Auckland very kindly purchased a couple of the concert promo T-shirts for me and posted them over to Western Australia, (they have a round neck, not a V). The design is lovely (front and back), unfortunately the material used, is wafer-thin cotton, that will almost certainly loose its shape after the first wash and probably fall apart after the third and they weren't cheap, at $50.00NZ each.

I was wondering if anybody who's been to the Oz concerts so far, has purchased the concert shirts, what sort of quality they are and what the Oz price is? Also what is else is on sale at the concerts? The West is about to be blessed, even in our small group, one couple has come from Broome and another couple even further - France!

The programme is superb (obviously for both NZ and Oz) and the tour pins are great, although one of them is very small.
Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
ladydi

Re: Concert Shirts

Post by ladydi »

Hi Greg,

I'm not sure what the shirts look like on the Australian tour but I purchased one in Europe. It was black with Leonard on the front and all the concert dates on the back (er, it's interesting because Leonard's eyes are always looking at you :D ). Very disconcerting when you open your closet. It's like you feel you have to say "hi"!

I've had not problem with it. It's a medium and has been washed 2-3 times. Good condition.

Hope it works out for you.

Diana
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Hi Greg

The shirts sound exactly the same, I have never seen such fine material used in T Shirts, I am not going to wear mine as I doubt they would survive a wash.

They were $45.00 each.

The programs were $25.00 and the absolute best program I have ever seen.
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Hi Dianna & Skipper

Many thanks for the info, I suspected it would be the same shirt - great design, front and rear, but disastrous material, ah well, as you rightly say, the programme is fantastic. Can't wait for the concert on Saturday night.

For those of you who may have no idea where Sandalford Winery is, it's in what's know as the Swan Valley region, about 40 (25 miles) kilometres north of the Perth CBD, it's very close to the Vines Resort, where the Johnny Walker Golf Classic gets under way next week. It's the middle of our summer over here, but the forecast for Saturday is a very mild 27c (today was 38c), so our man and the band should find it very pleasant conditions in which to perform.
Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
ohfuchsia

Post by ohfuchsia »

hey, i'm new to the forum, so hello everybody.

i went to the sydney ent. cent. gig on the 28th, (which was amazing) anyway on the topic of shirts, i bought the field commander cohen shirt and it has the lyrics to the song on the inside of the shirt, but the back is blank and i was wondering if they were suppose to be like this or if it's a mistake. pretty special either way.
NickShears

Post by NickShears »

ohfuchsia wrote:hey, i'm new to the forum, so hello everybody.

i went to the sydney ent. cent. gig on the 28th, (which was amazing) anyway on the topic of shirts, i bought the field commander cohen shirt and it has the lyrics to the song on the inside of the shirt, but the back is blank and i was wondering if they were suppose to be like this or if it's a mistake. pretty special either way.
Welcome to the forum ohfuchsia. The shirt printing certainly sounds like a mistake. How much of the lyrics got printed?
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
ohfuchsia

Post by ohfuchsia »

it's the whole song.
i'll post a picture when i get round to charging my camera batteries. i'm not sure it'll show up well cos it's dark red on black.
dce

Post by dce »

ohfuchsia wrote:it's the whole song.
i'll post a picture when i get round to charging my camera batteries. i'm not sure it'll show up well cos it's dark red on black.
Actually ... looking at my "Field Commander Cohen" T-Shirt a bit closer, I can see that it too is exactly as ohfuchsia describes, so it's not just a one-off error. The weird thing is that I have even worn this T-Shirt and never noticed it had printing on the inside! (How observant am I?)

BTW: I bought my shirt on the same day that ohfuchsia did.

dce
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
lisz

Post by lisz »

Well i was rapt when i saw the t shirts, cos i just love a thin t shirt. And came in nice fitting shapes. I dont think being thin means it is of a lesser quality. Some finer weaves are superior. But, a lot of the sizes were missing, and there is another one that i really liked - the green one - thought that looked really smart. I bought the black one with the two hearts logo. Does anyone know the origins of the hearts logo?
Anyone know how i can get hold of another t shirt?
lisz
RickD

Post by RickD »

T-shirts are on Ebay already.

Unfortunately in this case thin does mean poor quality - has to be the cheapest t-shirt I've ever seen used. A shame because the designs are fantastic - all to save probably about $3 per shirt.
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

ohfuchsia wrote:hey, i'm new to the forum, so hello everybody.

Hi ohfuchsia - welcome to the Forum. :D

Thank you for pointing out this little hidden gem: my T-shirt is also the same, but I hadn't noticed either! ;-) I'm not planning on wearing mine, so I may never have known this secret if it was not for you! 8)

Cheers
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Virg

Post by Virg »

Hi everyone .....
I bought a t-shirt at Leonards Brisbane concert a($45.00) and I was a little disappointed that they ran out of sizes of the different t-shirts so quickly ... I wish I had bought 2 now one to wear and one to keep ... but I am wearing mine .. I love the soft weave of the fabric, it's so comfortable ..... and remember handwash guys!!! I think you will find if it is washed gently by hand and laid out flat to dry it will last .... well longer than it would if it is thrown in the washing machine.
That reminds me of a story a girl told me once about having gone to a wonderful concert ( not leonard ) and she was fortunate to have all the members of the band sign her t-shirt .... she arrived home drunk and happy at her mother in laws ... only to find in the morning the helpful MIL had collected their clothes while they were sleeping and washed them in a hot wash and all the signatures were gone gone gone !!! So be aware of helpful MIL's when it comes to precious concert t-shirts !!!
In the rhythm of Life, we sometimes find ourselves out of tune, but as long as there are friends to provide the melody, The music plays on.
ohfuchsia

Post by ohfuchsia »

yeah i handwashed mine and it has survived so far but i think it's pretty poor for $45. also i thought the sizes were a bit crazy, my small is really very big.
i'm female but i often like the men's shirts and usually a small mens is a bit too tight on me. i guess it depends on the fashion at the time.
Eleanor

Post by Eleanor »

Yeah, the Dear Heather t-shirt is so gorgeous but the quality of the fabric is dreadful. I've carefully hand washed it but don't intend wearing it until Leonard comes back to Perth! :roll: Which I doubt. It is more a memento than anything. The cost was Aus$45 but I got ripped off and managed to pay $50 - I was too excited to count my change!
Eleanor in Western Australia
josephg

Post by josephg »

Hi, i've only ever seen the New Skin for Old Ceremony shirt and i'm just wondering if anybody would be willing to sell me one? (Or any other concert shirts) Can't find them on eBay or anywhere for that matter. Let me know please. Thanks

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”