Setlists for all Pacific concerts

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
dce

Re: Setlists for all Pacific concerts

Post by dce »

Ok ... I'm fresh off the red-eye back from Melbourne, but here's the set list from last night's sensational tour closer:

Set 1
1. Dance Me to the End of Love
2. The Future
3. Ain't No Cure for Love
4. Bird on the Wire
5. Everybody Knows
6. In My Secret Life
7. Who By Fire
8. Chelsea Hotel #2
9. Sisters Of Mercy
10. Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye
11. Anthem

Set 2
12. Tower of Song
13. Suzanne
14. The Gypsy's Wife
15. The Partisan
16. Boogie Street
17. Hallelujah
18. I'm Your Man
19. A Thousand Kisses Deep [recitation]
20. Take This Waltz

Encore 1
21. So Long Marianne
22. First We Take Manhattan

Encore 2
23. Famous Blue Raincoat
24. If It Be Your Will
25. Democracy

Encore 3
26. I Tried to Leave You
27. Whither Thou Goest

By my reckoning, this makes it the same set as Brisbane and the first Melbourne show but with the order of "Sisters of Mercy" and "Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye" swapped.

dce
(For most of November 2010, I followed Leonard and the band as they toured around Australia and New Zealand. You can read about my wanderings on the blog I created to collect them all in one place: http://lcdownunder2010.wordpress.com/)
Tansy

Post by Tansy »

I was so very, very fortunate to be at the Perth concert at Sandalford winery. What a truly magical, wonderful and spiritually uplifting experience. I didn't note down the set list, but I do know that neither "Hey, that's no way to say goodbye" nor "Closing Time" were played, but "Sisters of Mercy" certainly was. I was sitting next to a guy who'd seen the Brisbane concert and he had a set list which I think showed that apart from the two omissions it was pretty much the same. I'm not sure why the two were left out, and I would have loved to have heard them because both are big time favourites, but the evening was just so magical, the night was perfect, the moon was huge and Mr Cohen was there, singing live to me (and thousands of others) the soundtrack of my life. I feel so blessed, so very blessed, to have been able to experience that.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

All setlists upto the Pacific Tour can be found here:
http://users.telenet.be/maarten.massa/d ... 8-2009.pdf

There's just one incomplete page: the setlist for the 7th hasn't been confirmed here... Can anyone post this one?

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Maarten wrote:Here's the link to my document which contains all setlists:
http://users.telenet.be/maarten.massa/d ... 8-2009.pdf

There are still 2 setlists unconfirmed, so if anyone can help me out here, please do so:
- Setlist for Swan Valley, Australia (Febr 7, 2009)
- Setlist for Saskatoon, Canada (April 28, 2009)

Take care,
Maarten
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

My pdf-file has found it's place on my own website, so the url has changed. Please go to
http://www.maartenmassa.be/LCdocs/LC_se ... 8-2009.pdf
to see all setlists.

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
juliastarr

Post by juliastarr »

Does anyone know when he will be in Toronto Ontario next. I see he was here in June and totally missed it. Thanks.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Julia,
The World Tour 2008-2009 ends in 3 weeks and there will be no concert in Toronto... Sorry!
Here's the schedule:
http://leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html

Maarten

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”