No plans for Israel, right?

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Augusta Bertram

Re: No plans for Israel, right?

Post by Augusta Bertram »

That doesn't sound too good... Do you Jarkko or any one else invloved in the tour production know whether there's hope Leonard may come to another middle eastern country again, like the one in Athens? I've heared of quite a few Israelis that went there (although this was at a time there was still hope for him to come around), but many of us are still waiting.

Is there a chance we may have another opportunity of this sort? (Greece, Turkey, Cyprus...)
i never thought we'd meet
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Leg 3 (Pacific) has been announced. We expect leg 4 (US, Western Canada) to be announced sooner or later (after the final decision to extend the tour has been made). What happens after that, remains to be seen. The tour may, or may not, continue in Europe next fall, but it is far too early to speculate which cities would be in the itinerary.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Augusta Bertram

Post by Augusta Bertram »

Thank you, Jarkko. I can't tell you how happy I'd be to see him preforming again.
KAFKA

Post by KAFKA »

Hallo,
i'm a big fan from israel too,

my years of longings to see Mr Cohen in concert were abruptly cut by the israel concert cancellation,
for a while i even tried to buy a ticket for a concert abroad but most of them were sold out.

my hopes are that Mr Cohen and his producers will think things over , and decide to preform in israel despite the bad expiriance

me and my friends are willing to pay any sum of money for Mr cohen's concert tickets, taking place in israel

fan
Inna

Post by Inna »

Dear Jarkko

I was just wondering whether it is possible or not to bring Leonard's management's attention to this thread in order for them to see our frustration and a sense of void. Just a thought.

Thanks.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
Einat

Post by Einat »

Exellent idea! I was thinking about channeling the facebook group members to this thread , asking them to write about their thoughts and hopes here, so it will be more visible.
vardagal

Post by vardagal »

Dear Jarkko,
Bringing Leonard's management's attention to this thread might really be an excellent idea.
There are so many people here in Israel (including me, of course), who are willing to pay any amount of money in order to see Leonard Cohen in Israel.
I myself travelled to see LC in Rome, Berlin and Bournemouth, but I would love to see him here in Israel.
Thanks,
Varda
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I'm sure Leonard and his management are very well aware of the wishes of the Israeli audience.
Organizing this kind of world tour is like making a giant puzzle. Every piece has to fit in with the plans.
The management is now working on the US/Western Canadian itinerary. We will hear later if there
will be another leg of the tour, and which countries will be included, if the tour continues after North
America.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
shir

Post by shir »

I TOO AM A FAN OF LEONARD'S MUSIC
AND CANT AFFORD THE TRIP TO EUROPE
I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WHO did
AND THEY HAD AN AMAZING EXPIRIENCE
AND THEY Will LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN IN ISRAEL
SO PLEASE - IF ANYONE IN THE MANAGMENT IS READING THIS
THINK ABOUT IT
I THINK IT WILL BE SUCCESSFULL
IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE
THANK YOU
alicee

Post by alicee »

Inna

Post by Inna »

I am not sure whether that has any ground for optimism or not, maybe just a thread to hold on to. A link was sent to me with a call of gathering voices for bringing the Master here. So for what it's worth here it is: http://www.leonard.co.il
Einat

Post by Einat »

Hey, I was about to write that too :-)
If Leonard will be touring Europe later this year, I think it means we have a chance
After all , he promised not to skip us ,and we know that a few months ago it was SO close to happen.
so Leonard, please dont keep a woman waiting...(actually more than one, and quite a few men too)
Rachely

Post by Rachely »

Thanks very much to Fan, for informing us of this. I signed too, of course.
May it be His/his will...
Halevai!
Inna

Post by Inna »

For the Israeli devotees - there is a huge campaign for bringing Leonard here. It has been broadcast in the local news, you can see it on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_hHgss6As and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TINvNhSR ... annel_page

Lets not lose hope.

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”