AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

New Zealand and Australia (January 20 - February 10, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Irene Teresa

Re: AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Post by Irene Teresa »

Andrew yes I meant you - ;-) I guess as i havnt seen him since 85 i wanted a seat in the first few rows -

the frontier presale the best we could get was row 15 and in deciding we lost that.... :(

on top of all else my internet went down ( phone line broken not fixable till tuesday )so i cant book the presale on monday at all -!

im on a temp computer using dial up........may have to find somone who can do it for us. I wonder will they allow you to book seats in an internet cafe ?? does anyone know ?

is somthing consipiring to stop me from seeing mr LC? am i wanting this too much >??

:D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I wonder will they allow you to book seats in an internet cafe ?? does anyone know
***sure, the location of the computer does not matter!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
NewZealander

Post by NewZealander »

aha!!. :D :D ..got tickets for Wellington this morning as they opened to the general public..!! yippee!!...I will see him again.....
Family member went into Ticketek directly and said they were selling out very fast..looking at seats some disappeared as he was looking....Amazing...was the highlight of the European summer for me..and now the Southern hemisphere summer too....back here in good old NZ..!!..Roll on January 20th.... ;-) ;-)
mat james

Post by mat james »

good luck to you NZ.
Now you have Leonard all sorted out,
you better work on your Rugby skills! ;-)
"Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart." San Juan de la Cruz.
Irene Teresa

Post by Irene Teresa »

Finally got two singles so at least we both can be there. Id love to meet any one from this forum - local or from overseas.

within seconds of the final sale this morning all the best seats were on ebay - now selling to close to $2000 for two. alos i found it strange they allowed eachbuyer to buy up to 50 tickets! afield day for scalpers I guess.
Clementine

Post by Clementine »

This is just the best news I've had in years and I'm counting the days until Auckland January 22. I was having a major operation to remove my stomach at the very hour the preferential tickets went on sale and my dear husband slipped out from the hospital and booked 2 seats in the second row. It was wonderful news to wake up to! I saw Leonard in London in 1993 and I never imagined there would ever be an encore. Hallelujiah!!!
swamidevabhakto

Post by swamidevabhakto »

Like many of his fans I was excited to hear Leonard was coming to New Zealand and to Wellington, but I was mortified to hear he was booked to play at the T.S.B Arena, a shocking basketball arena and convention centre with appalling accoustics. Every time a big name act plays there the papers are full of disgruntled concert goers complaining about the place. HE DESERVES BETTER. I wrote to Frontier Touring and received a lame reply about it being the size they require. Is anyone able to get word to Mr. Cohen and warn him that this place sucks and if he is serious about giving a top perfomance to his fans, which I am positive he is, then he should avoid this place and look at some of the better performance venues, smaller but much better e.g The Michael Fowler Centre, even the good old Town Hall has hosted some memorable concerts. I have been a fan for over thirty years, but would not go near the Arena and hear his performance distorted by that barn. I went to a concert there when it first opened and swore never again. Recently Snoop Dogg tried to perform there and the reviews said it all, "the sound was muddy and his lyrics were inaudible". Say no more.
rickm

Post by rickm »

swamidevabhakto you may be suprised saw him at the BIC notorious for bad sound and it was brilliant crisp and precise. His sound crew appear to be fantastic. Reviews on this forum from O2 also compliment the sound and that really is a barn.
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Despite the economic downturn, I understand the sale of Fidora hats have quadrupled in Australia in recent weeks.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Happy New Year to you all, and above all to you Australians and New Zealanders, many of whom have obviously already greeted 2009: Welcome to your special Cohen year with so many wonderful concerts to look forward to... 8)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Bowral would be a wonderful venue for Ballad of the Absent Mare.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
galleonard

Post by galleonard »

Does anybody know if this AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND tour will end the concert tour of Leonard Cohen? Is he going to give some more concert in the US or Europe?

Please let me know, because if not I'll come to Australia.

thanks a lot!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

As written in many other threads on this Forum, the tour continues next in the US and Western Canada. We also hope to see him again in Europe, but the decision will be made later.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
galleonard

Post by galleonard »

thanks very much!!! It makes me very happy! I didn't know, I new in this forum.
I wait and see him in the states. in the spring, right?
Jorge_J

Post by Jorge_J »

Brisbane Tickets

Unfortunately I am unable to attend the Brisbane show I have 2 Gold Class tickets Section 41A row L. I am not looking to make a profit Happy to sell at DISCOUNTED PRICE. I just want them to go to a dedicated fan

I work in the city and can meet up to deliver the tickets

e-mail me if you are interested at jorge.j.sebastian@gmail.com

Thanks

Return to “The Pacific Tour 2009”