I wonder if I can ask this?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
moonshiner

I wonder if I can ask this?

Post by moonshiner »

Hello all you wonderful people who adore Leonard with a secret pocket in your heart,

I was wondering whether I could ask this - or whether it would be controversial. I visit these boards quite a bit but I think this is my first time actually posting here! :oops: Basically, does anyone know where we can listen to recordings of recent Leonard shows? I went to my first Leonard show on 18th November, at the Royal Albert Hall gig. It was one of the most special nights of my life... what a great night it was. The worst thing was when people asked me "how was the show"? How can you explain it in words! :) It would just be so wonderful if anyone knew where I could download a recording of this specific show, just to reignite that memory, through sound again, and feel like I was there all over again.

It would be so very appreciated.
daveeliver

Re: I wonder if I can ask this?

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Moonshiner,
Many of this years concerts are available on dimeadozen but unfortunately nothing yet from The RAH.
A dvd of the O2 concert will be available early next year.
Re: New Live Album & DVD

New postby jarkko on Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:24 am
It will be the whole London O2 concert (July 2008).
If you can't register with dime(it takes a while,but is worth it) there are a few vines operating in the collectors corner of this site, and you could join one of them.
Otherwise pm me and after Christmas I'll send you copies of a few concerts.
All the best
Dave
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The March release of the O2 concert of July 2008 in London will include the complete concert on the DVD plus live audio CD.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
moonshiner

Post by moonshiner »

daveeliver: Thanks for your response! Yes, I've been checking on dimeadozen because I've been reading around that's the place to go for live show recordings. Luckily I also managed to get myself a membership there! I've also had a look at the "Collectors" etc section on this site as you mentioned - seems like one person has recorded the show on "DAT" but doesn't know how to transfer it to CDs (topic link) - so I'll follow up on that topic!

Alsom regarding the PM - that's very kind of you. I will hopefully be in touch with you at some point, thanks so much! :) Have a great holiday.

jarkko: Thanks for the update about the DVD! :) Greatly looking forward to it - I've also read some interesting stuff about it across these boards. Would be also interesting to see how a venue as big as the 02 compared to something a tiny bit more intimate at RAH. Have a great holiday!
mirka

Post by mirka »

I understand there is an on-line store expected to be opened end of January, with all the recordings of all the concerts of the last tour.
Hope this information is accurate, as I'm awaiting for a particular concert myself....

mirka
--
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
IMAFAN

Post by IMAFAN »

there is a lot on Youtube and there is something like savetube ...
kevjamlew

Post by kevjamlew »

Moonshiner,

did you get a copy of RAH 18 - 11 - 2008 ?.
I'm trying to get a complete version of this show, and I know there's one "out there".
Mine omits the last two songs.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”