Who visited the most shows? Let's count!

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tommylen

Re: Who visited the most shows? Let's count!

Post by tommylen »

Bartleby
That takes some beating.Well done.
Easy to see youve got your priorities sorted out.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I know that some European fans went to about 20 concerts. For privacy reasons I don't mention their names here - they have to step forward themselves if they want to!
(Eija and I saw eight. With Helsinki 1988 and 1993 our all-time total is now ten, hopefully growing next year!)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Tony

Post by Tony »

I suspect that Mr Cohen is up among the leading candidates!
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Mr Cohen is lucky he can always get a ticket
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Anne

Post by Anne »

I was supposed to go to seven. Because of health reasons I was not able to attend all that I had planned, but I still made it to four. I also got to see him in my hometown of Toronto and his hometown of Montreal! Amazingly cool.
drsing

Post by drsing »

jarkko wrote: .....our all-time total is now ten, hopefully growing next year!
Hopefully Europe again in 2009 :!: :?: So my total can grow from 7 now, up to......
Please Mr. Cohen come again :roll:
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

I went to six: the first two in Manchester (17 & 18 June), the 02 on 17 July, Bournemouth 11 November, RAH 17 November and Birmingham 22 November. I didn't intend to go to that many, but a £200 premium bond win just as I set off for Manchester seemed to be a signal from someone on high to keep on truckin'.

I think the intimacy of 17 June at the Manchester Opera House, his first concert in England, was especially memorable, and of course the outstanding seats at the RAH on 17 November. And the O2 on 17 July was quite amazing for personal reasons.

I think what I am saying is that the concerts I most enjoyed were those where there was a meet-up beforehand (so a big thank you to those who organised them). I think the sociability of forum members is a major factor in making an event memorable.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Heike

Post by Heike »

Well, I was lucky to be at five shows, and they were some of the best shows I have ever seen in my life :D !

I absolutely second what Hydriot wrote:
Meeting up with some of you lovely forum (and band) members before and after the concerts made them even more brilliant and memorable 8) .
Just imagine, in June this year, I hadn't met a single Leonard Cohen fan, and now I feel so much as part of a worldwide family. Thank you everyone!
2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankfurt/Oberhausen/Manchester
2009: Cologne/Dublin/Barcelona
2010: Berlin/Wiesbaden/Lisboa/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warszawa
2012: Ghent, August 12/Berlin/Lisboa
2013: Oberhausen/Berlin
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

We went to 7 concerts this year, originally we planned 3, but on July 17 in London, we got the new list of concerts, and we where so lucky to see 4 more concerts.
But I know some lady’s who have been to a lot more Cohen concerts this year.

We also enjoyed the company of the other fans en friends from all over the world, before and after the concerts or meeting in them somewhere between the concerts and the Hydra trips.

Wijbe and Willy
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
reubensmum

Post by reubensmum »

I went to three concerts, the first at Montreux jazz festival - this was simply the best thing I have ever seen. I was also lucky to go to Edinburgh and Cardiff.
May I take this opportunity to thank you Jarkko, and many others, I have had such a wonderful time visiting this forum - its been fantastic!
jarkko wrote:I know that some European fans went to about 20 concerts. For privacy reasons I don't mention their names here - they have to step forward themselves if they want to!
(Eija and I saw eight. With Helsinki 1988 and 1993 our all-time total is now ten, hopefully growing next year!)
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

I went to 6 shows this year..... Dublin, Lucca, Munich, Bournemouth, London and Paris. And saw Leonard twice before in Dublin in 1988 and sometime in 70s.(Can't quite remember the year)!!

The athmosphere and audience reaction in Dublin this year was great despite the chilly evening. Lucca was different, a beautiful balmy evening with Leonard playing until after midnight if I remember correctly. But for me the best venue, best audience and best performance (especially of "The Partisan") was The Olympia in Paris in November.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

This year we went to 4 concerts. It was great to meet so many very nice cohenites (and of course some nice members of LC's band)!
- Hans-Juergen
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”