meet up in Manchester on the 30th.

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
fredquimby

Re: meet up in Manchester on the 30th.

Post by fredquimby »

Yep Hogan

Most of the Rags fans will be heading back home down the M6 and M1 back down south. :D
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi Ken /Hogan
Our hotel is the Britannia Sachas Hotel Tib Street . How far is that to the Kings Arms does it need a plan C to get us there
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi everyone,

My hotel is the Gardens Hotel, and according to its website, it has a restaurant:

http://www.gardenshotelmanchester.com/restaurant.html

We can also meet at Bill's, no, Ed's Bar and look for another place to have lunch.
What do you think?

See you soon :) ,
Heike

P.S.: Ken, have fun at Nick Cave's concert tomorrow!
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Heike

I gave my Nick Cave Sheffield ticket away quite a while back. Hey ho.

Heike and Phil your hotels are only about 2 minutes walk away from each other.
The Sachas hotel is a big white building off Piccadilly Gardens directly behind Debenhams department store and the Gardens Hotel overlooks Piccadilly Gardens itself.

The Gardens Hotel is only about 5/10 minutes walk away from Piccadilly station. So Heike if you are arriving from the airport by train get off at Piccadilly station and just come out of the station and turn right and follow the road until you come to the Gardens hotel which will be on your right.

Phil...... the Sachas hotel is about a 15/20minute walk to the Kings Arms and then another 10 minutes to the venue.

So let's make a decision.....I shall meet up with Heike in the Gardens Hotel just after 2pm. from there we can have a look around and see what folk want to do. Let's say we shall stay in the Gardens Hotel bar/lounge until about 3pm.

If anybody is about on the Saturday or the Monday and they want to come over to Liverpool (the European Capital Of Culture btw)
I will be more than happy to show them around. Believe there ain't nothing to see in Manchester.

I shall post up a map of Manchester city centre tomorrow to help folk out.

If anybody wants my mobile number pm or email me.

Ta Ken
(who was born in Manchester but fled at a very early age)
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Margaret

I've just pm..ed you driving instructions from Huyton to Manchester.

Ta Ken
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

fredquimby wrote:Yep Hogan

Most of the Rags fans will be heading back home down the M6 and M1 back down south. :D
Just shows what I know about the modern game of football. I thought most Manchester United supporters lived in places like America, Australia and Nigeria. Hey Ho

Anyways fredquimby I'm sure you will agree that it's nice to see Hogan bucking the common perception of Mancs being a right bunch of humourless ar*esoles.

Ta Ken
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

I forgot to mention.....
the weather forecast for Manchester for Saturday, Sunday and Monday is for rain... but I guess most folk would have expected that.

Ta Ken
Joan

Post by Joan »

Thanks for the update on the hotel - I really appreciate it.
Kind Regards, Joan.
jilly t

Post by jilly t »

your'e being very rude about Manchester - it doesn't always rain - just most of the time!!!!
nothing wrong with united fans - i'm married to one! he's coming with me Sunday night - under protest i have to say! - my 6th LC concert on Sunday - can't wait!!!!
Frankfurt 1970, Isle of Wight 1970, Manchester Free Trade Hall1976, Manchester Opera House 2008 ,Manchester Arena 2008, Birmingham 2008 ,Liverpool 2009, Manchester and Leeds 2013.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi Ken/Hieke
We will be at the Garden Hotel just after 2pm for the meet up . Looking forward to meeting everyone

Phil
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Joan...as you can see your Premier hotel almost overlooks the arena.

Phil....your hotel is just behind the big Debenhams store on the corner of Picadilly Gardens.
I shall look forward to seeing you again. There is a bar in the Gardens Hotel so I expect to be there no later than 2:15pm.

Heike...the Gardens Hotel overlooks Picadilly Gardens it's where Henning stayed last June so please don't mention his name

Margaret...the directions I gave from the motorway will bring you right onto Trinity Way and straight into the arena's car parking area.

liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Anybody who fancies to join Heike, Phil and his wife, myself, daveyliver and perhaps Joan from Ireland then we will be meeting up in the Gardens Hotel bar between 2pm and say 3/3:30pm. Plan A is then to find somewhere to eat and then after we have eaten head down to the Kings Arms in Bloom Street sometime around 5/6pm.
Don't be shy...all are welcome..I'm the only one who bites.

There is a big German Christmas market in St. Annes Square and a massive European Christmas market in Albert Square at the moment perhaps if we have time we can visit them for a cup of mulled wine or a German beer in the German beer garden.

Ta Ken
margaret

Post by margaret »

Many thanks Ken for such detail, and the excellent map .

Hope to see you at the Kings Arms before the concert.

Margaret
Dublin 15th June, Manchester 18th June, Edinburgh 16th July
Cardiff 8th. November, Manchester 30th. November Liverpool 14th July 2009 Barcelona 21st September 2009, Las Vegas 11th December 2010
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply, I only returned from a business trip right now.
Look forward to meeting you either between 2 and 3 pm at the Gardens Hotel bar or later at the Kings Arms.

Ken,
Thank you very much for the accumulated info :) !
Just in case there are several handsome men hanging around the bar in the afternoon, please give me your mobile number.
Thanks!

See you 8) ,
Heike
hogan

Ken - It would be great to meet you .....

Post by hogan »

.......to see if we can dispel the myth!

Arsehole? Maybe

Humourless? Not after 40 years of watching City.

Seriously, the risk of getting caught up in trouble is pretty minimal. Finding a pub open could be more of a worry.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”