To DUBLIN OR NOT

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
margiegras

To DUBLIN OR NOT

Post by margiegras »

Please can someone put my futile hopes to rest if it is not to be but is HE coming to DUBLIN or not.. please someone must know - I cant get anywhere in Europe until Dec 1st the earliest. IS THERE ANY HOPE
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: To DUBLIN OR NOT

Post by jarkko »

I think we have made it perfectly clear in the other threads that there is NO concert in Dublin this Fall, because the venue (O2 The Point) is under construction and cannot be used in early December. The tour ends in Manchester on November 30.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

And thats all he wrote
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

I think Leonard and his management have made the right decision in not returning to Dublin.

Leonard has already managed to play 3 nights in the city this year without Bonehead (aka Bono aka Paul David Hewson ) jumping on stage to join him.

I think Leonard would be pushing his luck if he returned.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
margiegras

Post by margiegras »

Thank you all 4 ending my futile hopes _ I will just have to hold out for US or Australia or Europe in 2009..
fingers crossed
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

Leonard has already managed to play 3 nights in the city this year without Bonehead (aka Bono aka Paul David Hewson ) jumping on stage to join him.

I think Leonard would be pushing his luck if he returned.

Ta Ken
Brillant!! :twisted: That almost makes it bearable that Leonard is not coming back!! ;-)
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

There are some great pics just posted over on - summer tour 2008-- Dublin 14 th and 15 th and 13 th by Daka
They may help a little :( :(
amcgee

Post by amcgee »

Hi Liverpoolken

Why would he be pushing is luck if he came back to Dublin. He sold out 3 gigs, if he came back he would have no problem selling out a gig, if not more.
I only went to one of the gigs in June and i went to see Neil Young in Cork after it and Cohen was far better and probably will be the best gig i ever went to.It is a pity he is not coming back, maybe he might come back next summer and treat us to some more magic

if he doesn't come back, we were still priviledged to have witnessed a great show in Dublin
Regard
Amcgee :)
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Jarkko, is there a likelihodd that Leonard will come to dublin in 2009? He knows the welcome he'd get.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It is far too early to speculate anything about summer 2009. First the Fall leg has to go well, then they MAY do something in the Spring (Australia, Canada and USA have been mentioned), and only after that another leg, if there will be any, can be discussed in detail!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

amcgee wrote:Hi Liverpoolken

Why would he be pushing is luck if he came back to Dublin. He sold out 3 gigs, if he came back he would have no problem selling out a gig, if not more.
Regard
Amcgee :)
Amcgee
My concern over Leonard returning to Dublin has nothing to do with his ability to sell tickets but with the thought of Bonehead pushing his way through the audience and joining Leonard on stage.
The last thing we want to hear at an LC concert is for the self appointed voice of god to ask us to start clapping our hands for all the ickle children in Africa.
It's a joke.
I know you have them in Dublin cos I've been there many times.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
dynamiksdreamdebased

Post by dynamiksdreamdebased »

no dublin gig, no bono

sounds perfect to me :D
blithe, urbane and inebriated.
alabasterlily

Post by alabasterlily »

We travelled up to Dublin to see Leonard in June. The man himself and the band played a wonderful gig, but we, all 12,000 of us were packed in like sardines on kindergarden seats with no view of the stage nor the side screens. Our tickets weren't cheap, if I remember rightly they each cost approx euro 125 after booking fees etc with Ticketmaster. The gig had been promoted as an intimate gig in the Courtyard of The Royal Hospital Kilmainham now IMMA, not so, it was in a field beside IMMA and was far from imtimate. The queue for the beer tent was half a mile long so I thought hell I'll queue at the champagne tent, it's not everyday one gets to see the man himself (or in our case not see). They wouldn't sell me a 70ml. bottle of champange so I ended up buying four little airline size bottles at euro 20 each. Well that was it for me, never again will I go to see a gig in Dublin if I can help it. It's rip off Ireland at its worst.
Roll on Vienna, I'm sure the Koncerthaus offers all ticket holders a view of the stage and I'm sure the chance of having to listen to Bono pontificate are less than zero. We live in hope.
Virginia

Post by Virginia »

I'm new to this forum but I'm surprised to find that some members need to denigrate Bono's music in order to bolster the music they like themselves.
In the house of music there are many mansions
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Virginia wrote:I'm new to this forum but I'm surprised to find that some members need to denigrate Bono's music in order to bolster the music they like themselves.
In the house of music there are many mansions
Ah but it may not be his music ;-)

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”