How bout the USA?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
wondercookie

Re: How bout the USA?

Post by wondercookie »

I had talked myself into flying into Paris for one of his shows,(I still have credit cards!) but then was unable to get tickets to the show... :cry: ...I'll just wait and hope for the U.S. NYC would be awesome...
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

micropup2008 wrote:Well we've also been wishin' and hoping LC would make it to San Francisco, but just in case he doesn't make it, we decided to go to Berlin in October. Probably the craziest thing we've ever done, but worth it, I'm sure.
It'll be more than worth it - enjoy! I've been abroad to see favourite artists a few times and its great a holiday and Leonard all in one :)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
scorp

Post by scorp »

micropup2008 wrote:Well we've also been wishin' and hoping LC would make it to San Francisco, but just in case he doesn't make it, we decided to go to Berlin in October. Probably the craziest thing we've ever done, but worth it, I'm sure.
no sweat, it'll be worth it.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

It was said in Montreal Gazette that after his acclaimed 3 shows at montrealjazzfest that LC planned to have another concert in Montreal
I'm going to make a prediction that the absolute final show(s) of the entire tour will take place in Montreal. There's a saying "you can't be a hero in your hometown" but Montreal has been a proud supporter of their son-that-is-Leonard-Cohen since he was a young poet.

How cool it would be to play the last show of one's career, walk quietly alone a few blocks to one's home, close the door, retire, wake up the next morning in your own bed, get up, make a pot of coffee and wonder if it was all just a 40 year dream.
Darling

Post by Darling »

Steve Wilcox wrote:
It was said in Montreal Gazette that after his acclaimed 3 shows at montrealjazzfest that LC planned to have another concert in Montreal
I'm going to make a prediction that the absolute final show(s) of the entire tour will take place in Montreal.
After a long overdue tour of Québec? (With a special welcome to maritimers, of course) ;-)
leonardmtl

Its going to happen!!!

Post by leonardmtl »

"We asked for signs ("Anthem") about a tour.

Well, only a depletion of Leonard's energy ( after all, he will be 74 next month) or a Zen finality when "enough's enough" ("Never Any Good") would stop a North American tour.

He is on a roll now as more concerts keep being added to the Fall Tour and just seems to love "the whole damn thing"("Closing Time") "Diamonds in the Mine"are just an added reason!

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
cryhopie

Post by cryhopie »

i'll go anywhere in north america. i really want to see leonard cohen
rgaspard

US Tour

Post by rgaspard »

Does anyone know if LC will be touring the US in 2009?
k21417

Post by k21417 »

Have not seen any posts on this subject since Aug 2008. Any updates to announce in OCT 2008?
Any news would be greatly appreciated.
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Now it sounds as though Austrailia is next on Leonard's world tour...(sigh), just gettin farther and farther away....I'll keep watching for when Leonard is coming...to the USA!!!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The third leg of the tour will not include North America.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

Re: "Third leg will not include North America."...well, then perhaps there will be a fourth leg...that WILL include North America...let's imagine...Austrailia, New Zealand, hop up to Tokyo , then L.A., San Francisco, New York..... ...I'm just dreaming, but maybe.... :?
leonardmtl

Post by leonardmtl »

I just re-read the June 11, 2008 interview with LC in Mclean Magazine by Brian Johnson....in it LC is reported to have said there WILL be a US and Western Canada leg....WOW! ....

I know, I know....nothing has been confirmed!!!!

Another sliver!
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Just a note to say we went to Berlin. Had a wonderful time. Met several of the band members together with the Webb Sisters and Sharon Robinson at the fan party before the concert. The concert was great. All in all a wonderful time. Definetely worth the trip. Can't wait for LC to come to California so we can see him again.
:D
Ron
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

It has been "secretly" announced tonight (by his son) that Leonard will be coming to Vancouver, BC either in March or April. Which most likely means some additional US tour dates too... I'm sharing this with the forum dwellers...

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”