How bout the USA?

September 21 - November 30, 2008. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
wondercookie

How bout the USA?

Post by wondercookie »

Any chance, hint, rumors, plans that the tour MIGHT continue on in the USA? I know Mr. Cohen has many, many fans here who would love to see him live...
avangorden

Re: How bout the USA?

Post by avangorden »

I hope so with all of my heart. Please!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It has been mentioned few times here on the board that USA could happen after Europe, so stay calmed and patient. Leonard said in an interview that this tour will last almost two years, and also, the tour posted nicely claims LEONARD COHEN WORLD TOUR 2008-2009.

You can see now that European Fall 2008 Tour ends on December 3rd, what means that 2009 is really a sure thing for next leg - you can have in mind that Canada is also waiting for the major tour, this was just warming, I believe. So I think that we can expect US/Canadian tour after New Year. Of course, this is just logical way of thinking. This leg was just a warming and measuring the interest of the market, so if Europe is getting bigger and longer tour in the Fall, then Canada (and probably US dates with it) have to get its bigger and longer tour also, as May-June shows were quite spectacular and far too small number to please the audience.
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Tom, thanks for your words of encouragement re: leonard coming to the U.S.
I saw him Toronto but would be thrilled to see in my home town San Francisco!

Friscogrl
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
wondercookie

Post by wondercookie »

I'm encouraged and hopeful. I'm pretty sure that SW Florida won't be included on the tour......I suppose Miami might be considered, but I'm ready to travel "up north" to see LC live.....I'll be waiting for the news.....
Born With The Gift Of A G

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

Perhaps LC will tour the USA once democracy has actually arrived there?
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

My wild guess is that -- according to previous LC's (non)popularity in the US (maybe things have changed?) -- the tour will surely include NYC & LA, and maybe few major cities, but nothing so detailed as Eastern Canada or small European countries ... 8)
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Tom,
Perhaps Chicago? Or, dare I hope, Madison? 8)

The Overture Center here is a spectacular venue designed by Cesar Pelli with wonderful acoustics. All of the people I know who've promised they would go to see Leonard, "If he comes to Madison" would probably sell out the first three rows. 8)

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

We may not be in the same league as NYC and LA, but how about Ann Arbor Michigan! :) Hill Auditorium at U of M has seen the best symphonies in the world perform plus the Royal Shakespeare Co from the UK. Besides local fans of Leonards, there would also be a draw from Ontario. At any rate, I'll be in Cophenhagen on Oct 17th :D :D :D :D
merrygoround

Post by merrygoround »

It was said in Montreal Gazette that after his acclaimed 3 shows at montrealjazzfest that LC planned to have another concert in Montreal when his European tour finishes so I am sure he will add some US cities to the tour and if nothing materializes in your area you might be able to catch him in his hometown and have a minivacation in exotic Quebec! Anyways I am keeping my eye out for a show announcement for either Boston or Montreal as I missed his Jazzfest show.
agnes70

Post by agnes70 »

I do echo Anforgetka's statement of hope for Leonard Cohen to come to Chicago ... any idea when a potential US Tour dates will be announced? Maybe in the Fall?
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

agnes70 wrote:any idea when a potential US Tour dates will be announced? Maybe in the Fall?
This question, and variants thereon, have been asked so many times already. None of us knows the answer. You will just have to wait and see like everyone else.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

I guess as they did now - so, in last weeks of fall tour. Not before November, I presume. Only last week we heard about Fall tour definitely, with shows going to sales one by one previously. The same procedure could happen in North America also.

It's all presuming of course.
micropup2008

Post by micropup2008 »

Well we've also been wishin' and hoping LC would make it to San Francisco, but just in case he doesn't make it, we decided to go to Berlin in October. Probably the craziest thing we've ever done, but worth it, I'm sure.
Ron
TepaChosang

Post by TepaChosang »

...please come to Austin (or Boston)

I would go into dept for you.

Return to “The Fall Tour in Europe 2008”