Leonard is bigger than money

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

Tchocolatl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you should write trailers for films.

I remember seeing Star Wars when it first came out and thinking it was amazing, but now I am aware of the perpetuation of militarism through hollywood movies. Star Trek we come in peace but we will shoot at you and blow you into little bits because we are the ultimate power and we always win. Give money to create weapons of mass destruction so that when we are out in space we can blow up the enemy and or their planets. I saw an old Sci-fi film from the 50's last night Forbidden Planet starring fellow Canadian and Northerner Leslie Nielson On a distant planet, space explorers battle a mysterious force that seems to have destroyed all of the previous settlers except a man, his daughter, and their robot, Robbie. They beat the enemy and blow up the planet.
There is a great line in the film from the only woman, "I am sure what you are saying is fascinating, but I just don't understand you."
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Geniuses are rarelly understood. :roll:

Forbidden Planet :
"What they discover is how and why an alien race of geniuses destroyed itself overnight while leaving their technology intact at some point in the distant, distant past."

What about this?

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

http://www.viewzone.com/haarp11.html

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/cam.fcgi
Tri-me

Post by Tri-me »

It is interesting that in the 50's the writer of Forbidden Planet thought of the dangers of technology. Assuming the script was written in the early 50's because it took 2 years to shoot.
"I am sure that the HAARP project is fascinating, but I just don't understand it." :shock:
I have learnt about the potential harmful effects of solar flares and skin cancer is a big problem.
Cheers & DLight
Tri-me (tree-mite) Sheldrön
"Doorhinge rhymes with orange" Leonard Cohen
solongleonard

Re:

Post by solongleonard »

Boss wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:07 pmThanks Rob.
I made a vow to come back to this post after a quick period of reflection. Although my response may be a little premature I felt the 12th year anniversary of your provocative utterance might be an apposite occasion to share my preliminary view. I will add a more detailed response on July 22nd 2022 and, God willing, I intend to publish Internationally a fully considered position paper on July 22nd 2025.

In the context of the larceny suffered by Mr Cohen, the disgraceful breach of trust by that, that, that (I can't bring myself to name the criminal)....woman! , for you to thank her and encourage theft by violence is a disgrace.

A true Cohen supporter might have proclaimed "no thanks, Do NOT rob. But instead you shockingly endorse her offence, and within little more than a decade of your turncoat message, he dies! I struggle to accept that as a coincidence.

You should hang your head in shaman.
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “News”