emily maitlis - uk tv presenter - likes leonard

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
sebmelmoth2003

emily maitlis - uk tv presenter - likes leonard

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

...The song that means most to you… Leonard Cohen's Dance Me To The End Of Love. I grew up in Sheffield with Cohen blaring out around the house from my sisters. He haunts me...

...The order of service at your funeral… I want Dance Me To The End Of Love, some great poems and wonderful music, and for someone special to make a funny speech taking the mickey out of me. They'd say, 'Finally, a social event she couldn't get out of'

The way you want to be remembered… 'Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.' [Copyright Dorothy Parker]...

Emily presents Newsnight on BBC2 weekdays from 10.30pm and is an ambassador for Centrepoint (centrepoint.org.uk) and World Jewish Relief (worldjewishrelief.org).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... paign=1490
sebmelmoth2003

emily maitlis - ken bruce show on radio 2 - tracklist

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

her tracklist includes Leonard Cohen - Dance Me To the End of Love.

hear it on bbc radio 2 tomorrow, 11.30am approx - friday 21st jan, 2022 or at sounds link below.

If you'd like to get in touch with the show email Ken.Bruce@bbc.co.uk

Released On: 16 Jan 2022Available for 25 days

Emily Maitlis - award winning journalist, broadcaster and Newsnight's lead presenter - picks the Tracks of My Years.

Born in Ontario, Canada, Emily also presents general elections for the BBC and covers US politics from across America. She has won plaudits for her longer form interviews - with politicians, presidents and key players internationally and at home. She spent six years reporting from the Far East, based in Hong Kong - speaks Spanish, French and Italian – and is the author of a recent book about her years as a Newsnight presenter.

In 2020, Emily began presenting the BBC podcast, Americast, alongside the BBC's North America Editor Jon Sopel and Chief North America Reporter Anthony Zurcher. The podcasts originally focused on the 2020 election and contain analysis as well as an array of interviews from across the political scene.

Americast received positive reviews, at points becoming the UK's most listened to podcast of any genre, The podcast on BBC Sounds was originally due to end after the election, however it continues every week to this day due to its popularity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0013h75

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0013jsj
ScottM

Re: emily maitlis - uk tv presenter - likes leonard

Post by ScottM »

I listened to the programme when it was broadcast. Thanks for posting. You beat me to it.. :D .

Emily is also best known in recent years for her, now infamous, interview with Prince Andrew around his relationship with Jeffry Epstein amongst other allegations.

She comes across as a real admirer of Leonard in this programme.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam

Return to “News”