Important Announcement (advance thread, now locked)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
da2008

Re: Important Announcement in August/September

Post by da2008 »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it, but I am really happy something special will be happening in the wonderful city of Montreal. The only time I saw Leonard there was also my very first time seeing him ever and since that day I have been hoping for another concert. I think this will be truly wonderful, whatever it is, and I hope that everybody has a great time reflecting and appreciating.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I asked the organizers, again, and got this info about the announcement:
We are considering Sept 12th or 19th
We will doing our best to get more confirmed details ASAP

(timing edited)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Gosh. I hope they confirm it soon. I need to reserve the cat room for boarding 12 cats. I have to make sure to have the entire room and get it in plenty of time before other reservations are made. Also need to make a reservation for a flight and bringing one cat, and only 2 are allowed per flight in the cabin.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

I feel sorry for Jarkko, he is the messenger and has to tell us that this most wanted info is being postponed. This “ we are considering September 12th” does also not sound very certain. Another delay will not surprise me. I took the gamble by booking the travel arrangements already. I sure do hope so that there will be no change in the first published dates (November 5-7). About the program I have al the confidence that it will be worth the wait.

Back to “P” mode
Last edited by HugoD on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have my hotel booked (flexible ...) but having been caught out before I will not book my flight until after the announcement when I have my tickets in hand. It means paying more for flights because of the relatively short notice but it's no worse a position than we were in when shows were added to the Grand Tour at similar notice - or less.

Wendy
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

:D Tic
bruce schmaltz

Post by bruce schmaltz »

Hi Everyone
we are all in the excitement of the wait!
For Sure it will be memorable....
Wanting to remind everyone going to Montreal that the International Exhibition on Leonard Cohen at the Musee d'Art Contemporain de Montreal (MAC) "A Crack in Everything " or "Une Breche en toute Chose" will open for viewing November 9 to April 9 2018
Definitively a MUST SEE when you are in Montreal, Tickets can be pre-booked , reserved on line
www.macm.org

See you in Montreal,
Bruce & Monique Schmaltz
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

bruce schmaltz wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:53 am Hi Everyone
we are all in the excitement of the wait!
For Sure it will be memorable....
Wanting to remind everyone going to Montreal that the International Exhibition on Leonard Cohen at the Musee d'Art Contemporain de Montreal (MAC) "A Crack in Everything " or "Une Breche en toute Chose" will open for viewing November 9 to April 9 2018
Definitively a MUST SEE when you are in Montreal, Tickets can be pre-booked , reserved on line
www.macm.org

See you in Montreal,
Bruce & Monique Schmaltz
Post by Jarkko a few weeks ago:

"The exhition opens for general public on Nov 9
... if you plan to be in Montreal on Nov 5-7 you may also wait until we are able to post our announcement :roll:"

Wendy

***Thanks for quoting me, Wendy. Our members who will be in Montreal on Nov 5-7 don't need to wait until Nov 9 / Jarkko***
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We have permission to post the following confirmed information. More details in the forthcoming announcement.
Leonard Cohen week in Montreal beginning Sunday the 5th of November; limited events on evening of 5th, major musical event on 6th, advance viewing of museum on 7th, and museum opening on 9th"

15% discount on Air Canada for any ticket worldwide to Montreal using following code: 9H7V2RU1
See you in Montreal!

Marie & Jarkko

Discount code edited on Sept 8
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Happy to see the dates are definitive now. This means that those who have not made travel arrangements can do that now.
That leads to the following question: who is planning to attend this event? Will there be a list of participants like we had at the Hydra event?

Looking forward meeting you all again .
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Important Announcement Coming Soon

Post by jarkko »

That leads to the following question: who is planning to attend this event? Will there be a list of participants like we had at the Hydra event?
A list of members participating in the celebration is a good idea. I will open a locked thread on the Forum for just the names, and keep it updated with new names. Would you please email me your details (name & country). Feel free to start emailing now, but I'm not going to open the thread before the public announcement has been released. (Please send email not PM - will be easier to keep the count because of limited number of PMs you can save).

If we know the number of members coming to Montreal, we may also discuss if there is something extra we could organise ourselves.
OldIdeasAreTheBest

Post by OldIdeasAreTheBest »

I am wondering what the likely venue will be for the musical event. Any ideas, fellow fans?
San Diego, Coachella, San Jose 2009
Oakland 12/6/2010, Las Vegas 12/11/2010
Madrid and Los Angeles 2012
Oakland 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The organizers informed us today that the correct 15% Air Canada discount code in now 9H7V2RU1. The previous one was for only 10% discount. I have edited also the original message accordingly
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Well, the 12th has arrived :roll: One more week or are the details etc ready to be published? The last stretch of the long practiced "P" I hope ;-)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No details yet from Los Angeles so we're still in the waiting mode.

Return to “News”