Important Announcement (advance thread, now locked)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Important Announcement in August/September

Post by jarkko »

Will there be a block of rooms for the event?
Eija and I mad a private reservation to this hotel.

It's not impossible that some block would be reserved and offered by the organizers, when the announcement is ready and the presale begins, but we don't know yet.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Still waiting on my lottery win.
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

As others say: we will (and have to be) patiance... I am really wondering what will be the News and of course I try to imagine, what this could be... a kind of "reunion"-Tour with all the musicians who played "live" with him? Or a release of "outtakes", "alternate Takes" etc.? Or something totally different? Well, we will see... But I am sure it will be great, whatever "it" will be... I have to be honest: I would love to have any of the "listed wishes"... Never before released tracks, a tour with the musicians, all concerts from the "Grand Tour" on a DVD-Box (that would be nearly impossible, I know, but still...) or whatever - Leonard Cohen's legacy is that huge and I am a bit "addicted" to his work... To "hear" that sound again, to see others from the Forum again - this would be the biggest for me. But as i sayed: whatever it will be, it will be great and I am thankfull, whatever "Shows" up. I am looking foreward and I am so thankfull that I have the privilege to see him on stage here and there and: I miss him still so much. I miss the "trilling, excyting fact" that he is working in his home at a new Album, at new Poems... I am really wondering what we will hear - but I am happy tht we have something new to wait for. Thank you, Jarkko
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Tic....tic....tic......tic.......tic............tic
Janne

Post by Janne »

Something really really great, not only for Canada and Cohen-fans?

Then something like this:

Noble Prize Committee has changed rules. . .
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Will this be last few days before the big reveal :?:
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

If I write that I'm being patient, am I truly being patient?
:?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Clementine

Post by Clementine »

I keep waiting, Jarkko .... We're so far away here in New Zealand, and i don't want to miss out on whatever the announcement is about :) !
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We're getting close!
Be sure to find the announcement here without delay - as soon as the organizers of the very special program in Montreal are ready to make it public!
We will also post the dates & times of the announcement and our ticket presale in advance here as soon as the schedule has been nailed, so that you know when to wait for the information.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

I have a plane ticket and a hotel room reserved.
But still..tic...tic... :)
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

199Dan wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:51 pm I have a plane ticket and a hotel room reserved.
But still..tic...tic... :)
Indeed, tic...tic... I have not dared to make reservations in advance although it was very tempting . Hotels can easily be cancelled but (affordable) airline tickets not. And since flying to and staying on the other side of the big pond will comes at a substantial financial effort I would love to know the whole programme first. But if the event will be what I think/hope it is only a matter of time that my creditcard will be heavily charged ;-)

Let me add that my hesitation is also fed by the thought that the weather in Montreal is generally not very inviting in November. Usually 1-5 degree Celsius and therefore it seems not a good idea to add some days and explore the surroundings. Any thoughts or ideas on that anyone?
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Montreal in November is so much more enjoyable then in January. :lol:
But still .....tic...tic...tic
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Ok, I conceded :razz: , have al the confidence that this will be an event to remember so booked the hotel (same as Jarkko´s) ;-) and the tickets to Montreal for my wife and myself.

We are thrilled and excited and looking forward meeting al lot of Cohenities again! :D
Eva

Post by Eva »

Regarding Montreal weather, yes, winter could come as early as Halloween, but the last few yrs. we didn't have snow until Xmas. If we are lucky, we could be in for a beautiful Indian summer. Besides, once in Mtl., most of downtown is accessible underground, so no worries!
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"
Jill in Cornwall

Post by Jill in Cornwall »

I think we're all waiting very patiently .... in eager anticipation Jarkko and Marie .... the updates are important for anyone's travel arrangements ... :-) ....

Return to “News”