Cohen Verona

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
scocoh

Cohen Verona

Post by scocoh »

Haven't been around much so I don't know if this is new news-- From what I can tell they opened in February.

http://www.cohenverona.it

facebook.com/cohenverona/
Goldin

Re: Cohen Verona

Post by Goldin »

Sounds as it's just the second "place" named after LC (Edmonton: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36087), right?

Current rating on facebook = 4.9, based on 37 reviews; must be good for a local bar.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Their youtube channel features one video at the moment, anyway, it's a complete recording of a concert:

Sordal al Cohen, Verona 31 May 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7GdJjWfrSQ

Even a LC cover was played (guess which song)...
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Yet another reason to visit Italy (in addition to the fact that Italy is probably best place in the world).

The bar looks really good. Those fancy wine glasses (photo by Gaia Passamonti, via facebook), etc.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Goldin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 pm Sounds as it's just the second "place" named after LC (Edmonton: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36087), right?
The place in Edmonton (Cohen Corner, it was called) is permanently closed now -- I don't think it was in business for very long.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

How sad. The last event announced on their facebook page was in November 2015, after less than a half-year run.
Bowie Bar in Saint Petersburg has worked for seven months.

Let's hope Verona would have more luck: own musical stage, busy concert schedule, such details as branded wine glasses - all that looks promising!
pironi

Post by pironi »

I recently went to this nice café. Very good paninis and great selection of wines.
Often also live music. Drop by if you are in the area! The owner said she had had many Cohen fans.
Pietro.

Return to “News”