rags of light

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Geoffrey

rags of light

Post by Geoffrey »

i live in a remote place - very isolated. ship once a day, nearest train station a two-hour drive through mountains, but we do have a little airstrip out on one of the islands. needless to say, nothing much happens here, but next sunday i will be taking my car on a ferry across the fjord to attend a leonard cohen musical tribute evening called 'rags of light #2'. it will be a drive along lonely roads to sjøborg kulturhus in the small hamlet of ulsteinvik. the arrangement is called '#2' because the gentleman behind the project, musician and translator odd goksøyr, did this once before - some years ago. at that time leonard was alive, of course, and asked that his appreciation and warmest greetings be conveyed to mr goksøyr - which i was more than glad to do. anyway, i just wanted to inform anyone reading this that leonard's work still has a vibrant pulse, even in the most obscure and unreachable of places :-)
kulturhus.jpg
vickiwoodyard

Re: rags of light

Post by vickiwoodyard »

We are all keeping him alive in our hearts. Good to hear your story, the lonely trip to be with like-minded people. They are rare, actually. Most of us Cohenites are rather reclusive people.
dar

Post by dar »

Thanks for sharing this info G. Sounds like a beautiful place to live. Happy to hear you're going to take the drive to attend the show. Maybe take some photos on your way there and at the concert?

Enjoy yourself.
oldfriend28

Post by oldfriend28 »

So glad to hear this story of your trip next Sunday. Hope you can get photos, and of course you'll enjoy it. Thank you for posting the details for us to read. :)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, dear friends, for your messages. it is not certain that any photos or videos will be taken, at least as far as i am concerned; the idea is to just sit and relax - and enjoy the music :-)

news reached me today about a lady, marit kaldhol, who is to give a lecture on leonard this coming september. it is to be held at a church in spjelkavik, a small town just inland from where i live - a mere 20-minute drive. it was said to me that marit is to talk particularly about leonard's jewish heritage, but more than that i know not. it seems leonard truly is a vibrant force up here on the rugged coast of norway :-)
spjelkavik kyrkje.jpg
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

[quote=vickiwoodyard post_id=365325 time=1497217784
Most of us Cohenites are rather reclusive people.
[/quote]

So true, dear. But what an exquisite lonesomeness it is, when these bunch of heroes are bound together across the miles with Leonard's words and music. And always raise a glass to Jarkko for this place, too.
dar

Post by dar »

Hey Squidgy,

Good to see you!
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

Hey dere, dar! Good to see you too!
What a long strange trip it's been, eh?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Squidgy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:21 am Hey dere, dar! Good to see you too!
What a long strange trip it's been, eh?
i am a long way from my home, but look forward to getting back. this morning i woke up in a
Violet

Post by Violet »

Geoffrey wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:21 pm i am a long way from my home, but look forward to getting back. this morning i woke up in a
1) fog

2) large glass tube

3) classic, putty colored Citroen DS

4) forum dedicated to Leonard Cohen

5) ___________________________ .
Violet

Return to “News”