A celebration of Leonard's music and poetry at the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town London 21.10.17

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Padma

A celebration of Leonard's music and poetry at the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town London 21.10.17

Post by Padma »

Ten years ago, before the Philip Glass "Book of Longing" song cycle at the Barbican Centre, a very special guest came to the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town to meet with a small group of admirers.
On October 21st 2017, we return to the Green Note for an afternoon of music and poetry to celebrate the life of the man "who made music to nourish the soul": Leonard Cohen.

https://www.icantforget.nl/GreenNote.html

If you would like to join us, please message me. It will be an informal gathering - open mic.
Padma
aliceyelland

Re: A celebration of Leonard's music and poetry at the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town London 21.10.17

Post by aliceyelland »

I would love to join you at your celebration. Thanks, Alice
Mabeanie1

Re: A celebration of Leonard's music and poetry at the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town London 21.10.17

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks again for organising this Padma. I plan to be there.

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Members who would come from abroad may want to wait with the flight booking a while. There might be other announcements under way, not overlapping but quite close to this date.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
jim devlin

Post by jim devlin »

Morning Padma, thanks for this ... I would like to be there.
Jim
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

jarkko wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:10 pm Members who would come from abroad may want to wait with the flight booking a while. There might be other announcements under way, not overlapping but quite close to this date.
Any announcements yet Jarkko?
Olwen
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Good question Olwen. Very recent information I've got some days ago suggests that we will get more information/an announcement in August. Unfortunately this is all I can say at the moment. The dates will not be overlapping with Green Note plans.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Cihan

Post by Cihan »

I may see some of you there, as I do spend some time in Camden.

Also Jarkko I know you cannot confirm anything, but can you deny that the announcements may be to do with the book of poetry Leonard was working on? ;)

***this one will not be about the book; it is not scheduled to 2017 / Jarkko***
josieparr@yahoo.com

Post by josieparr@yahoo.com »

Padma wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 am Ten years ago, before the Philip Glass "Book of Longing" song cycle at the Barbican Centre, a very special guest came to the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town to meet with a small group of admirers.
On October 21st 2017, we return to the Green Note for an afternoon of music and poetry to celebrate the life of the man "who made music to nourish the soul": Leonard Cohen.

If you would like to join us, please message me. It will be an informal gathering - open mic.
Padma
Hello Padma,
I would like to join you at this event.
Thanks,
Josie
Jennzie

Post by Jennzie »

Padma wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:33 am Ten years ago, before the Philip Glass "Book of Longing" song cycle at the Barbican Centre, a very special guest came to the Green Note Cafe in Camden Town to meet with a small group of admirers.

Padma
Hello Padma, to confirm I would also like to join you and others at the GreenNote this October :)
Padma

Post by Padma »

Great - we will probably start around 1-ish. I am hoping to put together a very informal programme for the weekend - walks, dinners etc
X
leonardthedog

Post by leonardthedog »

Padma
I would love to come and join in, blessings and love, Caroline xx

Return to “News”