Leonard Cohen color themes

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Leonard Cohen color themes

Post by jarkko »

Adobe has introduced Leonard Cohen Color Themes, "created by art, design, and color enthusiasts".
More here: https://color.adobe.com/fi/explore/?q=leonard+cohen
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MarieM

Re: Leonard Cohen color themes

Post by MarieM »

This is interesting. We know Leonard loved gray walls. There's lots of blue in his album covers. The cover of Book of Longing is quite colorful. What else?
Marie
Speaking Cohen
B4real

Re: Leonard Cohen color themes

Post by B4real »

The first colour swatch could work and I agree with Marie about the blues and greys being appropriate. All the blue samples fourth in line are fitting. The obvious sample, seventh in line has colours comprised of mainly the Popular Problems album cover and Old Ideas (no blue).

As we all know grey to black are Leonard’s favourite shades so one of each monochromatic warm grey and cool grey scales wouldn’t have been out of place but it could have been a tad too “uncolourful” for them to consider. Seeing that he wore many pinstriped suits it could be interesting to consider a colour swatch along those relevant colour lines, so to speak! LC did wear browns, white, taupe, cream, neutral ochre and khaki shades but how could you forget his 1970’s sunny yellow YMCA T-shirt!

I can’t actually relate as to how Adobe came up with the rest of their colour suggestions. Maybe they weren’t actually associated physically but possibly metaphysically.

I’ve seen him with fluffy brown fur around his neck and a dressing gown of graduated striped shades of grey but I’ve definitely never seen him in a pink shirt or maybe that’s for skin colour! Ha!

EDIT: having said all that I've just realised that some of LC's artworks are colourful!
Red, crimson, pink, yellow, orange, purple, violet, blue and green :)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “News”