Website about charges pending against Kelley Lynch

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
pironi

Website about charges pending against Kelley Lynch

Post by pironi »

I googled to find some things about Leonard Cohen and found this highly interesting website: http://kelleylynchfactcheck.com/index.html

This is a website that details all the litigation involving Leonard and Kelley Lynch. It includes a summary of the court cases, the pleadings and some evidence presented in court.

There are currently 16 charges pending against Lynch for her harassment of Cohen during the last months of his life as well as her harassment against Michelle Rice and Robert Kory over the past year. Lynch's trial is expected to take place this summer.

Pietro.
yentek

Re: Website about charges pending against Kelley Lynch

Post by yentek »

In reading the linked site, I don't read the information as asserting that any current charges are pending.
The charges were handled as part of the criminal harassment lawsuit for which Lynch was jailed several years ago.
yentek

Post by yentek »

Disregard my prior comment. I read the linked site again, and there are current charges pending against her.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

let us examine a short story of irony. a conniving individual with a highly enviable job. a person so jealous of the kind and trusting artist for whom they work, that they surreptitiously go about stealing the savings he has carefully put by for his pension. alas, the wicked deed is finally discovered, but the disastrous losses suffered by the good-natured and forgiving gentleman serve only to re-awaken his creativity. the crook's attempt to leave someone with nothing unwittingly pushes the victim on to greater fame and riches than ever before. it encourages him to work harder at his art, and he soars to greater heights and wealth than he had ever dared dream - while the thief ends up as an unemployed and totally ostracised pauper. is this not a modern day shakespearian tragedy, a perfect demonstration of the laws of karma?

with your permission, allow me to conclude this little narrative with a brief communiqué that tumbled into my computer several years ago, written by a man with whom i had been acquainted for a number of years, a man of exceptional integrity, using time on his birthday to answer a message from my hand. i had been receiving a small number of unpleasant messages, written by a bitter person seeking to destroy this same friend. of course, i had not replied to a single one. the email here attached is his response to my question: "shall i continue to ignore everything?" it provides the smallest insight into the unhalting terror to which he was subjected. sadly, my friend died a while ago, but that has not abated the venomous rantings. "the story is far from over . . . i'm writing a book" i was told earlier this year, before blocking the sender's address. what a contrast of personalities; a warm and generous artist with boundless talent, and a cold and greedy thief with nothing but a desire to spread poison.
email.jpg
vickiwoodyard

Post by vickiwoodyard »

A thinly disguised wondrous tale. Thank you for its imaginative veracity.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

vickiwoodyard wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:17 pm A thinly disguised wondrous tale. Thank you for its imaginative veracity.
thank you, dear vickiwoodyard. as someone with never a chair upon which to sit when the music stops, a charitable response such as yours is a gift more welcome than whatever is in any parcel. :-)
vickiwoodyard

Post by vickiwoodyard »

What I read was fiction; what my heart SAID was, this is true! We are all mourning/celebrating the life of someone as close to us as our own heartbeat and yet he had enemies just like all people do.

I often ponder how he was able to hold such sway over our hearts, when normally we are not fan club type folks. But this is not a fan club; it is a holding of hands across the sea of loss.

You were blessed to receive something tangible from him.
oldfriend28

Post by oldfriend28 »

What a great way of expressing what happened to Leonard. I find it very hard to understand how someone could do this, but I suppose people like Kelley Lynch have different attitudes. Fortunately for us, we got all the marvellous concerts and music to enjoy since all that happened to Leonard. Still think she must be very cruel to put someone through all that. It was a great way to tell the story, Geoffrey. Thank you.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Geoffrey,

You have a way with words, but I am certain I am not the first to tell you this.

The way you characterized the good that evolved from treachery--I like to believe that Leonard came to realize this as well.

Thank you for sharing your short story.

4inthemorning
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you, dear friends of leonard, for your gracious feedback. being a person with a considerable deficiency of resources, it warms to know that the little i occasionally manage is received with such goodwill. please take care. -g
going home.jpg

Return to “News”