New LC-stamps of Guinea-Bissau

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

New LC-stamps of Guinea-Bissau

Post by jarkko »

Tom Sakic found these on eBay:

I emailed the international agency in Vilnius to find out if these are genuine stamps or fakes.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Davido

Re: New LC-stamps of Guinea-Bissau

Post by Davido »

Warning - The link to this website was blocked as 'dangerous' by my pc security!
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

That's funny. Chrome didn't give any alarms. The same with Safari.
Anyway, I opened the website in my iPad. It's hosted by a stamp agency in Vilnius, Lithuania, and presents stamps issued in Guinea-Bisssau. The most recent set has been dated at the end of 2016, so the 2017 stamps are not yet listed.
Let's see if they answer to my email, and if the stamps or the website are legitimate.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Jarkko

Windows Defender detected some stuff here too, after clicking the link above... Asking to reboot now etc... I have deleted the link from your initial message, just to make sure... Will check my pc now for malware etc...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have now received this answer from Lithuania:
(Note that the www address in the answer is NOT the same Maarten removed from my first post)
We invite you to browse our web shop http://www.stamperija.eu where you'll find your thematic stamps.

We can guarantee that those issues are officially issued with due approval of the relevant postal administrations.

Many postal administrations may be co-operating with their foreign agents in order to establish their issue programs including internationally popular subjects. That's a normal practice since several decades.

Those thematic issues, whatever local or international subject they are bearing, all they represent the legitimate postage means for local and international mail. Postally used covers are occasionally obtainable though rare because few philatelic tourists are travelling to those teritorries.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards

TOMAS CEPULIS | sales manager | tomas@stamperija.eu
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I signed to http://www.stamperija.eu and found the following prices, for each set:

Perforated 4,05
Imperforated 15,00
First Day Cover 7,45
FDC Imperforated 17,50
Shipping (to Finland) 7,50

VAT 21 % to be added. Prices in eur.
PayPal and credit cards accepted.
I ordered the FDCs, will report here what's happening.

Note that I am fully aware that this kind of stamps are printed in the 3rd world countries just to sell them to philatelists who are collecting a specific theme. Because of the nature of these releases, the real value of the stamps is minimal, and serious collectors often ignore them. Well, I'm not serious and couldn't resist the temptation...
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

You can find all the officially issued post stamps of Bissau-Guinea here:
http://guinea-bissau.post-stamps.com/
The last list (20.12.2016.) indeed has the LC sheets.
http://guinea-bissau.post-stamps.com/is ... 016-12-20/

Eva

***EVA: you have posted links that already have been deleted from this thread because some virus softwares produce warnings.
Use this safe website: http://www.stamperija.eu
Jarkko***
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Today I received the First Day Covers from stamperija.eu in Lithuania.
The order was mailed in registered, very strong package, on the day of my order.

Return to “News”