"Anthem" in TV programme - "Containment "

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
ScottM

"Anthem" in TV programme - "Containment "

Post by ScottM »

While channel surfing on Wednesday evening (31st August), I came across a tv programme.."Containment" on the UK channel E4...Never having heard of it I would probably have ignored it except I noticed that the episode was titled "There is a crack in everything". I decided to record it and sure enough, towards the end of the episode there was a scene where an elderly couple decide to dance and the gentleman put on their "favourite song". The record was Leonard's "Anthem". I wasn't aware of Leonard's contribution to the programme but it was a pleasant surprise to stumble on it and even more of a surprise to hear one of Leonard's songs on a tv programme that wasn't "Hallelujah". Hopefully more directors will include other of Leonard's works, used appropriately."Peaky Blinders" as some of you know also recently included a new Leonard song in an episode that worked really well. I look forward to more of the same.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: "Anthem" in TV programme - "Containment "

Post by jarkko »

Leonard's songs in films and tv series - not just Hallelujah - are not rare at all; a quite complete list can be found here: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/filmo.html

I also added Containment to the list, thanks Scott.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
ScottM

Re: "Anthem" in TV programme - "Containment "

Post by ScottM »

Thanks Jarkko. I am familiar with a few of these,. but haven't noticed this thread before, so quite a few that are new to me. I will look out for more of these programmes and movies.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam

Return to “News”