Grandpa Again

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
wakeupmartin

Re: Grandpa Again

Postby wakeupmartin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:53 pm

phillip wrote:who is the father ?
Not me. :)
I hope that helps narrow it down.
This thread is keeping me entertained, thanks. No disrespect meant to Lorca and family! Congratulations!
Martin
scubasam

Postby scubasam » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:05 pm

TipperaryAnn wrote:
Well done, phillip, for coming straight out with it!
If this news is private, for family and friends only, as I think it should be, fine.

However, if a public announcement is made here on the forum both father and mother should be named.
The public announcement wasn't made by Lorca or her family. It was made by a family friend. But even if it was made by Lorca herself, it is her right to keep that information private.
oblivion

Postby oblivion » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:05 pm

...so come my friends, be not afraid, we are so lightly here : it is in love that we are made , in love we dissapear...
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
PandaElijah

Postby PandaElijah » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:26 pm

I couldn't have thought of a better reason to have a glass of wine this evening!:)

Blessings to the family!
Wonderful and heart-warming news! :)
There is a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.
KatzieMtl

Postby KatzieMtl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Heartfelt Mazal Tov to Baby, mother, zeide and all family and friends! Long, healthy, happy and prosperous life to everyone!
musicmania

Postby musicmania » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:18 pm

scubasam wrote:
TipperaryAnn wrote:
Well done, phillip, for coming straight out with it!
If this news is private, for family and friends only, as I think it should be, fine.

However, if a public announcement is made here on the forum both father and mother should be named.
The public announcement wasn't made by Lorca or her family. It was made by a family friend. But even if it was made by Lorca herself, it is her right to keep that information private.
I agree Sam. It is the business of Lorca and the father and their decision to decide whether or not to share.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
TipperaryAnn

Postby TipperaryAnn » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 pm

scubasam wrote:
That's the trouble with public announcements of essentially private matters, they're PUBLIC !

Did you ever see a public announcement of an engagement or a marriage which named only one of the two persons involved?
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Karren B
Location: At the Cottage in the Village by the River near the Castle.

Postby Karren B » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 am

Why don't we celebrate the new generation of Cohen's and let the rest take care of itself.

Life's too short to wonder!

Best wishes to all
Karren B
XXXXXXXX
'Being ‘normal’ is not necessarily a virtue; it rather denotes a lack of courage!'

'Loving you is the most exquisite form of self destruction'...
st theresa

Postby st theresa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 am

http://isatagada.blog.com/2010/10/06/je ... ainwright/

My French is not quite sophisticated enough, but it looks as though speculation had begun in October?
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Per the blog, I think this is the same thing several of us have been saying...

"Pour le reste, je crois qu’il faut laisser l’annonce définitive aux parents"

Thanks st theresa...
3mariza1

Postby 3mariza1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Last edited by 3mariza1 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
B4real

Postby B4real » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:52 pm

3mariza1,
that is such infectious simultaneous laughter :lol: You are so right - they are clever and endearing right from the start 8)
Be for real. Free yourself to find the real Self ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
Paula

Postby Paula » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Great news Dick. I totally misread your post and thought she was called Skype.

What a perfect end to his current touring to spend some quality time with his grandchildren.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
UrPal

Postby UrPal » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the world, Viva. Viva Viva indeed! And viva Leonard whilst I'm at it.

My three month old baby daughter is called Martha - as it happens the Wainwright of the same name was vaguely an inspiration in her name.

I claim no paternity where Viva is concerned :)

However, it is worth mentioning that my partner just the other day pointed Martha to a self-portrait print of Leonard Cohen hanging in our kitchen and introduced him to my Martha as her dad! "That's daddy", she said. And Martha just sat and stared.

She has been similarly introduced on occasion to Nick Cave and Simon Cowell, so I guess I'm in mixed company ;-) .

As my grandmother, herself a bastard in the vocabulary of her time, was wont to say: "It's a wise child that knows its own father".

I know I'm blessed to know my daughter. I expect Lorca feels the same right now....or will do once she's over the shock.

Postby 264811403188 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Welcome to this world, little Viva, and congratulations to Lorca and the family.

May this little girl bring love and joy to all of you, and may she grow up healthy and happy to become the wonderful human being she was meant to be.

My wish is that everybody on this forum will just share in the happiness and leave the family's private matters for them to keep private.

Gerrida
GMKarsten

Return to “News”