Portrait tattoo

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
vixen_5

Portrait tattoo

Post by vixen_5 »

I have listened to Leonard Cohen for 36 years and never dreamed of having the chance to see him perform live so after seeing him at Edinburgh Castle and then again in London at the O2 I was completely blown away by it. I wanted to mark this very special occasion so after seeing the photograph on the programme I decided to have this tattooed as a permanent reminder. I contacted Leslie Rice a very prominent artist (won the Doug Moran prize last year) and tattooist (http://www.artintimidatinglife.com ) whom I knew to be in Glasgow my home town to do this for me. I think the result is outstanding. I have my tickets already for when LC comes to play Glasgow in Nov. The perfect way to complete this tribure to my favourite artist of all time would be if Leonard could find the time to place his autograph on my leg which i could then have permanently tattooed beside the portrait. I would be very honoured if Leonard could make this happen when he visits my home town so till then I live in hope :D
Attachments
leonard cohen 2.jpg
leonard cohen 2.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 18415 times
mnkyface

Re: Portrait tattoo

Post by mnkyface »

It's beautiful, vixen. Just gorgeous. I really hope the autograph/tattoo happens!!
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by vixen_5 »

Hi mnkyface
thanks for that I think its pretty amazing too :D and as for the autograph/tattoo i got everything crossed that I can hoping it will happen ;-)
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Hi Vixen,

That is one superbly executed tattoo by a a fine tattoo artist. Is it your first? It's one of the most refined I've ever seen. 8)
loulou

Post by loulou »

Respect !
desire the horse
depression the cart
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

have 2 more imaginary friend this one on the same leg as the portrait can you guess the connection ;-)
Attachments
pics 002.jpg
pics 002.jpg (39.31 KiB) Viewed 17812 times
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

have my tickets now for Glasgow 6/11
cant wait to see the new programme as I have a free left thigh :lol:
Kiwi56

Post by Kiwi56 »

WOWWWWWWWW !!!
It`s really great vixen ! I never had the courage to do this!
Hope Leonard will see that :D
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

didnt get my autograph but still had a wonderful night being able to see leonard perform once again have to say think the concert in my hometown had to be the best one for me

Hmmmm sfffeeo9 why do I get the feeling you not being very complimentary ;-) :lol:
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Thats a brilliant tattoo, vixen, i really admire you for getting it done. Leonard's signature would have really made it perfect. At the Dublin concert i bought the similar t shirt which i will be wearing when i go to the final concert in Manchester.
I'm delighted you enjoyed the Glasgow concert.I've also been enjoying Leonard's music for nearly 40 years and he is still getting better.
Gerry.
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

Thanks Gerry. Would love to go to the Manchester concert but so close to Xmas and after seeing Leonard three times already this year ............ tho time yet :lol:
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Lucky you, Vixen, i've just been to 1 concert in Dublin in june and it was superb.I also met Leonard very briefly in the foyer of the hotel before the concert and got to shake his hand and wish him all the best for the show.He also signed the cover of Ten New Songs for me. Fantastic! Now really lookin forward to final show in Manchester. Pity u cant make it there.
Gerry.
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

Gerry I am so jealous mind you dont know if meeting him the foyer of a hotel then having to drop my trousers to get him to autograph my leg would have been very appropriate :D
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Vixen, i dont think Leonard would have minded at all!
vixen_5

Post by vixen_5 »

Ahh Gerry if only........... think that would have been all my birthday and xmas wishes come true lol

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”