CONCERT REPORT: Rome (July 28)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Giò

CONCERT REPORT: Rome (July 28)

Post by Giò »

wonderful, divine, magnetic leonard.
The setlist has been the same of other concerts, but seeing Leonard in front of me, hearing his voice so pure... I think that cannot be described. The emotion rises in each moment and you arrive at the end of the event wishing to go on for other 3 hours.
Leonard was full of energy, and everything was perfect.
THANK YOU LEONARD and all your crew.
mpeter

Re: Rome (July 28)

Post by mpeter »

I was there too. The concert was fantastic of course. There was a funny moment at the beginning of Sisters Of Mercy, I don't know if it was a deliberate joke or not, maybe someone can enlighten me in this. Leonard sang the first lines properly (Oh the Sisters of Mercy/They are not departed or gone) and then said 'Wait a second.' Everyone stopped and he asked 'How does that one go?' The audience laughed and clapped and then they set off for the song again, and everything went well this time. Did this happen at another concert as well?
KayinRome

Post by KayinRome »

I would just like to add my thanks to Leonard Cohen and the band. It was a wonderful evening, with Leonard seeming to enjoy it as much as the audience and an atmosphere of respect and affection for a artist that I've never experienced before.
philw2008

Rehearsing in Rome - photos.

Post by philw2008 »

Hi,

When I went to pick up my tickets in the afternoon in Rome, I saw LC driving towards the venue in a mini-bus. I went back to the venue and had a couple of drinks in the cafe and lo and behold, I got to watch them rehearsing, they did about 8 songs and general sound checking. These are the photos I took:-

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... =751421857

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,
Phil.

PS. The concert was amazing!
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Bird on the Wire: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fitS-bPNjX0

Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVYX9z28vlo
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

This was my third concert and it was absolutely amazing. I think he did genuinely forget the words to 'Bird On A Wire' when it started though which was quite funny, plus he got a lyric wrong in 'Everybody Knows'. But it was a fantastic concert and great venue. Hallelujah was for me again the highlight.

I did think he might I have spoken a little Italian, maybe a 'gracia', but there wasn't as much speaking as usual actually. I think it was possibly because he was in a bit of a hurry since it didn't start until 9pm, whereas the other ones I've been to have started at 7:30.
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

Actually, did he do the poetry before 'A Thousand Kisses Deep'? I can't remember it. :(
mnkyface

Re: Rehearsing in Rome - photos.

Post by mnkyface »

I love these! Thank you.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by loulou »

lucky you Phil ! :D

thanks for sharing. i am kind of wondering, not that it really matters, but, if the guy in the pink tshirt and the gal in the white blouse whatching the rehearsal are Adam and Lorca ?
desire the horse
depression the cart
zelindegle

Post by zelindegle »

I've have been loving him since I was 19 and now, in my late 40ties ... I still do..... I was there .... I will never forget
philw2008

Post by philw2008 »

loulou wrote: i am kind of wondering, not that it really matters, but, if the guy in the pink tshirt and the gal in the white blouse whatching the rehearsal are Adam and Lorca ?
Not sure! Bit young maybe? There were loads of people that worked in the venue watching. I wish I could have walked through the glass doors and sat and watched but there were security making sure we were kept back.
Bela

Post by Bela »

Oh, what a treat! Thanks for sharing! (I used to work in the theatre; always found rehearsals so exciting.)
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

Burlesque ?
:lol:
Misunderstood
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

just joking chuck.
:D
Misunderstood