CONCERT REPORT: Edinburgh (July 16)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ms.blue

Re: Concert in Edinburgh 16th July 2008

Post by ms.blue »

Hi trish...this is about my third post tonight cos i have only just realised there are different ones :neutral: Will hope to catch up... you are indeed lucky living so close it is a beautiful city. heres hoping we dont get wet but dont think i will even notice 8) !
altass

Re: Edinburgh July 16th

Post by altass »

Hello....first post on here though I`ve lurked for years :)

Does anyone know what time Leonard is due on stage :?: Due to unforeseen circumstances I`m going to struggle to get through to Edinburgh before 7.30 at the earliest.Will have to find somewhere to park as well if anyone has any suggestions :!:

I do hope this does not turn out to be a disaster :roll:

Any help appreciated..!!

Thank you :D
commonweal

Post by commonweal »

Altass,

My ticket for Edinburgh says that gates open at 7pm and that LC will be on stage at 8pm. As far as I know there is no warm-up act. I can't help you with parking, I'm afraid -- from where I live I always take the train to Edinburgh -- but my sense is that street parking anywhere near the centre is a complete nightmare.

Good luck!
Trish-Edinburgh

Post by Trish-Edinburgh »

Just checked the weather and it is going to be sunny in Edinburgh on Wednesday.YAHOO.
I wonder if Leonard and his band come to Edinburgh the night before.
How do the band and Leonard get to all the shows.Where do they sleep etc.I know you cannot go into specifics because of security reasons but it would be interesting to know about all the preparations that need to be made for example for his concert in Edinburgh.
It is easy for the fans we just turn up and go GA GA.
Maybe this could be an item for the forum.
Getting closer to Wednesday I personally will not be able to get much sleep on Tuesday night.Will be playing some of his music Wednesday before I go to the concert.
Looking forward to being amongst his fans.
Kind Regards
Trish.
altass

Post by altass »

commonweal wrote:Altass,

My ticket for Edinburgh says that gates open at 7pm and that LC will be on stage at 8pm. As far as I know there is no warm-up act. I can't help you with parking, I'm afraid -- from where I live I always take the train to Edinburgh -- but my sense is that street parking anywhere near the centre is a complete nightmare.

Good luck!
Thank you commonweal.....never crossed my mind to look at the ticket :oops:

Must be the excitement getting to me...it`s about 30 years since i last seen him :D
jikan4

Post by jikan4 »

Altass - there is a parking lot (NCP) at the bottom of Lothian Road on a street called Castle Terrace, which will be a 5 min walk to the castle from there, unfortunately I dont know what time it closes. Otherwise I'm not too sure cause I dont drive! If you stick round that area you should be safe enough I know theres loads of single yellow lines round about there so I think you can park on them, its literally below the castle, next to whats called the west end of Edinburgh.
Trish-Edinburgh

Parking

I phoned the NCP car park at Castle Terrace Edinburgh and they are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Prices-
2 hours £4.00
4 hours £6.50
6 hours £9.90 etc
Their phone number is 0131 229 2870
Hope this helps.
Trish.
Irenka

Post by Irenka »

Cant believe its only a day away now, still pinching myself. My plan is to leave work early, have a bite eat and a few drinks. Wonder if they will be selling any merchandise? Wonder if he will be wearing his fedora! sooooooooooooooooo exciting
Trish-Edinburgh

Only hours to go till the Edinburgh concert

How is everybody feeling now it is only hours to go to the Edinburgh concert.
I am pretty excited and still feel as if it is a dream.
We can clearly see the castle from our back garden and everytime I look up at the castle I cannot believe I will be seeing Mr Cohen there in a short while.
See you all there.
Trish.
the end

Re: Only hours to go till the Edinburgh concert

Post by the end »

I'm so excited, just finished packing my bags. Leaving Glasgow at midday and meeting my parents in Edinburgh, can't wait!
bilbo394

Post by bilbo394 »

I'll be travelling through from Glasgow with friends, early evening. Then on to the the 02 in London on Thursday for the next leg of the tour.

Can't believe I'm getting another chance, nay two, after all these years. We'll be in the "Hebrides Bar" in Market Street before hand. Hope to see some of you there.
altass

Re: Parking

Post by altass »

Trish-Edinburgh wrote:I phoned the NCP car park at Castle Terrace Edinburgh and they are open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Prices-
2 hours £4.00
4 hours £6.50
6 hours £9.90 etc
Their phone number is 0131 229 2870
Hope this helps.
Trish.
That was very kind of you :D

I should just make it in time I think :roll: I`ve been told that if I go to the Meadows area I should get parked somewhere...
frgall

Post by frgall »

If you're short of time I'd use the Castle Street Car Park, the Meadows is a hike if you're in a hurry..

Anyone know where the band are staying? I would assume the Balmoral?
rzappa

Post by rzappa »

What a fantastic experience that was.

Leonard and the band were brilliant & the castle was an amazing backdrop. I have no words to properly describe tonight.

It rained towards the end (just the last 15 minutes or so) & as he was saying goodnight Leonard asked us all to make sure we drove home safely & didn't catch a summer cold.
girovend

Post by girovend »

It was indeed a tremendous experience; Leonard and the band were on fine form and the notorious Edinburgh weather even played its part. The rain held off until the last 2 songs. :D

Set list is fairly standard but in truth I have largely avoided looking at these to keep it fresh so to speak.

he fairly brought back memories of Edinburgh Odeon '79

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”