All YouTube & Multimedia Links (and nothing else)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lightning

Re: All YouTube & Multimedia Links (and nothing else)

Post by lightning »

Andreja,
This was a very nicely made high quality video. Appreciated the titles, the pictures of Nice, and your photo too. Could you tell us what kind of camera you used, what settings, what software and how did you handle the ushers?
dreja

Post by dreja »

lightning wrote:Andreja,
This was a very nicely made high quality video. Appreciated the titles, the pictures of Nice, and your photo too. Could you tell us what kind of camera you used, what settings, what software and how did you handle the ushers?
Hi!
I was also positively surprised by the result. I used my Canon PowerShot S3 camera. I have to thank my husband for negotiating with security at the entrance (C'est pas professionnel...). One night before- Diana Krall was singing in Nice Jazz festival- I had to leave the camera at the entrance of the venue.
Anyway I was really close to the stage and the stage itself was really close to the public, so we were eye to eye with LC. :) :) :) It felt incredible. Of course, we waited for two hours before the concert took place (you can imagine, how my back hurt!!! :oops: ). Another positive factor is my height (180cm) :lol: .
I took some photos (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1425039961) and made just some short videos because I didn't want to be occupied with my camera all the time. I tried to enjoy the concert as much as possible.
I made the video by Windows movie maker. Nothing special, no special effects- just simple Leonard!
See you!
Andreja
lightning

Post by lightning »

Thanks for the info. Did "negotiating with security " involve money? If so, how much they are charging? Once again, the world thanks you for the video.
wakeupmartin

It was the shape of our love that twisted me

Post by wakeupmartin »

Bird on the Wire
London 02 arena
17th July

Please forgive the shaking. To avoid the ushers' wrath I covered my camera's LCD screen with a bit of card, and used the viewfinder instead, so I couldn't see if I was zoomed in too much or what. Anyway, the sound quality is ok. and it's a great performance, with a passionate solo from Dino Soldo on sax.
Glad to give something back to this section of the forum. It was from watching other people's YouTube recordings of LC posted here that inspired me to get my own ticket. What a night. I only recorded one song because I wanted to give Leonard all my attention.

Remember to click on "Watch in High Quality"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJP3u7hxAqY
Last edited by wakeupmartin on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inna

Post by Inna »

Thank you so much for this link.
"climb on your tears and be silent, like the rose on its ladder of thorn."
Paris 07/07/09, Tel-Aviv 24/09/09, Salzburg 27/07/10
antoraa

Post by antoraa »

How many copyright violations can you get on Youtube before having your account suspended? I put up songs usually on Youtube so the majority of the time, they get copyrighted. Sometimes the video is pulled off youtube but the majority of the time the send me a notice that just states that there are going to be ads on the video. How many violations can I get before I end up getting suspended?
Last edited by antoraa on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightning

Post by lightning »

If there is a takedown notice, three strikes and you're out. My account of Lightning494 was recently destroyed because of INA complaints despite the fact that the INA did not own the copyrights to the vids they were complaining about and educational institutions all over the world were using translations I did of French chansons to teach both French and English. YouTube needs to be challenged in court for its abuse of the copyright laws, ( you need to issue a "Cease and desist" warning letter before enforcement) and punitive attitude towards its contributors who never know when they are infringing.
I am in the process of restoring my videos on the account of VNRose3.
The new YouTube Address for the Leonard Cohen plaque ceremony is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jivJyTXT7M

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”