Beware of worldticketshop.com (FALSE TICKETS)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
tomsakic

Beware of worldticketshop.com (FALSE TICKETS)

Post by tomsakic »

jarkko wrote:The prospective concert in Nyon was never confirmed nor listed on the schedule we have posted!! The sellers in UK are those touts/scalpers who are selling tickets they don't have. Never buy any tickets from this kind of crooked sellers!

http://www.tdg.ch/pages/home/tribune_de ... nu)/214353

Confusion persists over Cohen concerts
| 14h45 A rock festival near Nyon insists the Canadian singer-songwriter will not be performing there this summer but a British website continues to sell tickets for the non-concert.

Organizers of the Paléo rock festival have been forced to issue a statement denying that Canadian troubadour Leonard Cohen is appearing at the event near Nyon this summer. British website worldticketshop.com was continuing today to advertise tickets for a Cohen concert at the festival on July 24. But Paléo officials said the singer-songwriter would not be appearing as originally hoped. Nothing was confirmed for the date although there were widespread reports of the artist's appearance at the summer festival. “We have already informed the (web)site last Thursday,” said Daniel Rosselat, Paléo organizer.

Worldticketshop.com specializes in the sale of tickets for concerts around the globe before they are officially issued. It is particularly active in the sale of seats for soccer games and other sporting events. The site notes that tickets to see the 73-year-old Cohen, returning to the stage on a world tour for the first time in 15 years, are typically difficult to obtain. “Tickets are still hard to get, especially now that Leonard Cohen has recently been inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” a message on the site says. “You can also count on us though, for if anyone can get you in on the next Leonard Cohen tour, it’s Worldticketshop.com - Your Ticket to Fun!”

The confusion over Cohen's appearance follows a hoax last month when a lineup for the Paléo festival was released on the Internet. Festival organizers have kept a lid on who the artists will be after leaks in previous years stole their thunder. The official Paléo lineup will be unveiled on Thursday, with veteran American rock band R.E.M. among the groups expected. Meanwhile, Cohen is still scheduled to appear the Montreux Jazz Festival on July 8, although the venue is a lot smaller than Paléo, which regularly counts audiences in the 35,000 range at its site on a field north of Nyon. Tickets for the Montreux concert go on sale on April 17 at 11 p.m.

In other entertainment news, The Police have announced they will be returning to Switzerland this summer. The British band reassembled last year for a tour that saw them perform in front of 25,000 fans at the Geneva Stadium. This time round, Sting and his associates Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland are booked to play at the Hallenstadion in Zurich on June 12.
diamondsinthemine

Re: Beware of worldticketshop.com (touts)

Post by diamondsinthemine »

Ireceived this today at my website diamondsinthemine.co.uk - Needless to say, I won't be signing up!!:

Dear Webmaster,
With reference to a visit to your great website, I would like to suggest to cooperate with you!
We sell tickets to all Leonard Cohen Concerts and we are offering you the opportunity to become our partner by selling our Leonard Cohen Tickets through your website. For sales that are generated by your website, you will receive a commission of 12 %. The average order at Worldticketshop has a value of 400 euros, which will give you a commission of about 48 euro per order.
How does it work?
• Sign in to http://www.cleafs.com/publisher-registration.html
• Then, sign in to the Worldticketshop affiliate programme
• As soon as you have been authorized as a participant, you may select banners and/or text links that will match your site
• Place these banners and/or text links on your site
• Cleafs keeps track of all visitors and orders that are generated by your site. On the basis of this you will be paid out monthly.
Could you please reply this email?

With kind regards,

Sebastian Monteban
Affiliate Manager
Worldticketshop.com
E-mail: smonteban@worldticketshop.com
Cheers,
Stephen
http://www.diamondsinthemine.co.uk
Celebrating the film and television recordings of Leonard Cohen
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I got that today, too!
mirka

Post by mirka »

Wonderful, now we all can see how scalpers create the secondary market for tickets.
I wonder if this happens with or without tour management knowledge ?
After reading Vince Power opinion ("one of Europe's top concert promoters") promoting ripping off performers and fans alike, there is nothing that could surprise me anymore....
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Just a question: is it really legal the way they act?
Is there a lawyer in the house to answer?
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
driftwords

Post by driftwords »

Hello
I am new to this forum and am not sure of the etiquette re posting, so please excuse me if this is the wrong place.

At this moment I am experiencing a plethora of emotions. You see, I was coincidentally taking a once in a lifetime trip from Australia to Paris alone, and heard Leonard Cohen was to play in France. Somehow I managed to score a ticket in Lyon and was overjoyed. I was naive, it did not even occur to me that my ticket was not legitimately purchased from an official ticketing venue. I have been a fan for man many years and did not realistically ever get to see him live and for weeks I have been over the moon about my trip from Paris on the fast train to Lyon too see Leonard Cohen.

I don't know, maybe I will receive my ticket, before I go. I have emailed and am awaiting a response.

I guess my question is to ask if anyone has had a positive experience with these people? They offer 100% guarantee or refund. Obviously I don't want that refund. I want my ticket. This was supposed to be a dream come true.

Thank you in advance
marcbelanger

Post by marcbelanger »

I want to reinforce Tom's warning.

Worldticketshop is offering tickets for Leonard's concert in Lucca for 159 euros. I went to the official site and paid 80 euros.

Also they are offering to sell tickets for a Cohen concert at the Circolo degli artisti in Rome. There's no such concert. Leonard's concert is at the Auditorium Parco della Musica. I bought my tickets for the concert at http://www.listicket.it

Marc
FredericaItalia

Post by FredericaItalia »

Problem is that all these touts rank really high in Google. I send a complain about this through http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
Maybe reporting this misleading websites helps to battle these problems.
ellenaversonn

Post by ellenaversonn »

i think these are those tickets touts shops too:

http://www.buybettertickets.com

http://www.getmein.nl

http://www.pepetickets.nl/

they got hight ranks on yahoo
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Beware of buybettertickets at all costs!!! They are selling tickets (including "standing tickets") at inflated prices for Leonard at The Brighton Centre on Saturday 29th November - even though The Kooks are playing there, that night!

getmein is Ticketmasters latest scam. It's a dumbed-down version of their Ticket Exchange scam, and their attempt to copy seatwave, who offer seats from "fans to other fans" (read as "apprentice touts"). With both of these you will generally pay up to twice the price, and a precentage goes to the agent, of course. Even the otherwise reputable seetickets are linked to seatwave now.

John E
ghandi

Re: Beware of worldticketshop.com (FALSE TICKETS)

Post by ghandi »

Like many Internet startups, Worldticketshop started with an idea amongst a group of young entrepreneurial students from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. What was just an idea, quickly became a reality fast and the company has risen from zero to 35 in less than three years. As the business started to grow, so did the staff - and now numbers well over 30 people who various nationalities give the company a multicultural flavour. With staff from Mexico, Canada, the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, Poland, Holland and more, the blend of youth and adventurous spirit has created a dynamic and 'smart' young operation.

Globally, the secondary ticket market is worth an estimated $10 billion and has come a long way from being dominated by 'touts' and 'scalpers'. The secondary market used to be the guy in a trench-coat standing in a dark corner... Now, you can buy virtually any ticket for any event, anywhere. And you can do it on your own time from the privacy of your home, office or wherever your computer is.

It's now a legitimate business that even primary ticket companies such as Ticketmaster have now capitalised on and ventured into the secondary ticket market with http://www.getmein.com and http://www.ticketsnow.com. Even professional sports teams are involved in the secondary market. The demand for Chicago Cubs tickets is so high that the team set up their own secondary event ticket market with a team-owned ticket broker. Few people realise, but in fact the biggest players of all in the secondary event ticket market are the members of eBay, which as a group sell more than $300 million in event tickets annually and boast by far the biggest community of buyers and sellers.

1. To some fans, the Secondary Ticket Market looks like a ripoff. But to economists, it looks like a classic case of supply and demand.
2. According to an eBay spokesperson who spoke to the London Times, “Companies such as eBay claim that sports such as rugby and tennis are the victims of their own policies of selling large allocations to sports clubs and corporate bodies, rather than the public, thus fuelling secondary demand.” “The real reason people can't get hold of tickets for sporting events is because more are going to corporate bigwigs.” These tickets often end up on the Secondary Market.
3. Event organisers (Concert Promoters Association) in the UK believe that they are fighting a lost battle against the Secondary Ticket Market . It has always opposed secondary ticketing and recently said that it was forming its own resale box office.
4. Sports teams in the USA (such as Chicago Cubs) are setting up their own team-owned brokers in the Secondary Ticket Market.
5. Less than a minute after tickets for last August's Neil Diamond concerts at New York's Madison Square Garden went on sale, more than 100 seats were available for hundreds of dollars more than their normal face value on premium-ticket site TicketExchange.com.
The seller?
Neil Diamond.
Artists themselves are in the Secondary Ticket Market. Recent concerts where the artists and promoters resold tickets on the secondary market and split the profits with Ticketmaster include Neil Diamond, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Van Halen, Billy Joel, Elton John, and possibly Britney Spears, says the Consumerist. They even claim the people behind a good deal of the really expensive secondary market tickets are the artists themselves, along with their agents and promoters.
6. The biggest player in the Secondary Ticket Market globally is http://www.eBay.com .
7. Primary ticket companies such as Ticketmaster have now capitalised on and ventured into http://www.getmein.com and http://www.ticketsnow.com
8. Attending events holds a lot of emotion for many - whether they are finally going to see the band they have followed on Cd's since they were children, or national fervour is spiked when Holland plays Germany for instance. But the bottom line is, attending such events is a privilege, not a right. If the demand outstrips the supply then the market dictates prices will be high. Just because people really want to go, does not mean they have a right to a cheap tickets. Many people would love a Ferrari as well. We are not talking about a commodity such as grain or soy which is essential in keeping people alive... we are talking about entertainment and leisure, which are not food groups.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”