Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by Byron »

The day was hot. The windows open. The bug has her freedom.
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Calli

Post by Calli »

nooooo.......free ranged :D

Oh come on ....want the code 8)
lonndubh

Post by lonndubh »

Byron -Is it going backways after the fresh air :?:
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

I'm not even sure if it's the same creeper. :?
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/20 ... 74349.html

link for dublin june 13th show
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

anybody got a link for june 15th?
daka

Post by daka »

Hello Dubliners

It has been a few months since the "Event" in Dublin but I only just received the digital photographs from the front row camera so I only uploaded them to Picasa today. Maybe it is a good time now to re-visit the experience?!

http://picasaweb.google.com/62fiach/LeonardDublin2008

All Good Things

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

Excellant Sean. Well done.and, If theres a prize for most pictures taken, you must have it!! Thanks for the re-visit and great memories. :)
daka

Post by daka »

I can't take the credit for all the pictures. Linda was a little mesmerised, (undestatement of the year!) while Leonard was performing, and I knew that if I didn't take a few pix that she would not be able to do so, and I grabbed her camera. The rest are her effort!

Sean
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
Diane

Post by Diane »

Thanks for those Sean. That was some weekend. Is there a symbolic reason why you have taken so many pix of Leonard with a large sunflower in the foreground? Hi Linda, if you are reading!
devilsinkwell

Post by devilsinkwell »

got back from bham nec and it just made yearn for dublin ! while leonard was once again amazing the crowd left alot to be desired sorry birmingham but its true
june 14th what a night
dublin june 14th manchester 18th june birmingham nov 22nd manchester nov 30th
daka

Post by daka »

TICKETS GONE .... TO NEW YORKERS

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello from Séan in Spain

This has nothing to do with the Dublin thread, but it is nice to be able to resurrect the thread, and the memories, and the new friends so I am sending this little communication to the old thread.

I bought 4 tickets to the New York show Orchestra - 10th row front and centre. I got very lucky

I can't afford to go so I am very unlucky. I expected to easily pass them on to some lucky fans.

It seems Ticketmaster will not send the tickets to foreign credit card holders and they must be picked up in person at the Beacon Theatre the day of the event, so I became more unlucky.

After three emails they have agreed to change the pick-up name of the order so I got a little lucky again.

Now I am looking for interested lucky recipients of these tickets. Knowing the luck of the Irish (myself excepted) there will probably surface the purchasers that I am seeking from this thread.

4 tickets X 268.76 = 1080 dollars US approximately

Let me know if anyone is interested

Séan

Séan
Attachments
my_seats.jpg
my_seats.jpg (16.49 KiB) Viewed 10634 times
Last edited by daka on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Just checked my monday million ticket and my numbers did not come up so I am afraid I have to pass on your tickets Sean.......... I wish, i wish, i wish i wish.................................
daka

Post by daka »

Some very happy and deserving New Yorkers will be sitting in those seats. A family with an ill daughter who rarely wants to do anything with the parents, and also a Russian artist living in new York who sounds more fanatical than me. So it all ended well.

Cheers

Better luck next Lottery, Tinderella

Séan

daka

Post by daka »

***** SOLD *********

I am writing to this old Dublin thread about two tickets I have for Leonard in Dublin on July 20th:

I bought 2 fifth row tickets, almost in the centre, in front of the Webb sisters, Dublin July 20th (because that is my birthday). I suspected I may not be able to actually afford another trip and I knew I would probably have to sell them at cost.

They cost me 265 euros approximately and I have the tickets here with me in Spain.

I will attach the seating plan indicating the approximate location.

Please let me know if the tickets are of interest to anyone. I would prefer to sell them to an Irish fan and want to avoid selling them to a tout.

Many thanks

Seán

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”