London, 02 Arena, July 17 tickets

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bean

Re: London, 02 Arena, July 17

Post by bean »

David Blackman wrote:Very disappointed with the way ticket sales were handled . No chance of getting hands on good tickets for the O2 . All the good tickets were gone by 09-02 .I am looking forward to Leonards 08 tour. I am just unhappy the way ticket sales went and that we had no chance to register to give the real fans a chance. But I guess the great and good and the corporate prawn sandwich eaters will have no problem.
It is the way of the World unfortunately.
Bela

Post by Bela »

henders74 wrote:I got block 102 at 8.58, so happy. My parents were online at the same time and got three in 101 which we rejected as my transaction was nearly complete. We should have got both and sold someone on here the other three for face value - didn't realise quite how crazy it would get.
Oh, I so wish you had: you could have sold them within a minute - to me.
Wouldn't it be great if, fingers crossed, Leonard does these extra 'intimate' shows later in the year, he played somewhere like Brixton or Shepherd's Bush Empire?
The latter venue would be fantastic: I live just around the corner. :-)
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

I got a C1 ticket....................... far away :cry:
Cressida

Post by Cressida »

We missed Leonard at the Royal Albert Hall all those years ago and I never thought I'd get the chance to see him. A life's ambition will come true in July at O2! Just been told today of this early birthday present (my birthday's in December) from hubby and daughter and I'm ecstatic at such a great present. The hotel is booked and I can't wait to see LC as I've been a fan for years. Went to see Bird on a Wire in North London many, many,many years ago so I'm certainly no teenager but feel like one today as I'm still bubbling with excitment at the thought of seeing Leonard Cohen perform live.
Bela

Post by Bela »

WiTS wrote:I got a C1 ticket....................... far away :cry:
At least you won't be perched on top of a cliff, clinging on for dear life. LOL!
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

Well I have no time for Ticketmaster but I do have an account with them as sometimes it is the only way to get tickets. I logged on at 08.00 on Friday, and kept refreshing my screen until I got straight through at around 09:01. I then chose Best Available option and got assigned 2 tickets in A1 Row 9 (on the floor near the front). I was over the moon, then when I clicked to checkout and accepted, it turned out my Visa card as registered with Ticketmaster, expired last month. It does not get updated automatically.

So I had to put in new card details and although it said the tickets were being held for 4 minutes for me, the Barclays system was busy and my Visa card was not verified in time. I hoped against hope that it had retained the booking as it did not actually say it was cancelled - just that there was a problem with the transaction. But I kept on trying and it soon became clear I had lost my place in the queue and all I was offered after that were seats up on level 4. I then saw that all the tickets around me in A1 (if I had got them), were up for sale on Ticket Exchange so the scalpers must really have been at work.

Anyway I was dubious about o2 as a venue to start with, it is a big barn of a place and my husband hates it, and I only wanted to go there if I got good tickets. So I decided to try for Manchester, at 10 am. Again I got through Ok at the time but then the Friday, which I tried first was sold out, so I tried for Tuesday and it kept prompting me for Live Code. I did not know what it meant but I could not by pass it, I wondered if it was some local promotion. Then suddenly a second option appeared, below the Live Code prompt, to apply for best available tix and I entered 2 in there and got assigned two in Row X in the stalls at the side. It is not near the front but what the hell, I have two tickets and I am sure the atmosphere will be better in the Opera House and the acoustics too. My husband is quite relaxed about it he doesn't mind going from London to Manchester.

I have to say I have brought tickets recently for two well known American artists on tour, at full price, from Ticketmaster and in both cases a fan put up two spares in a better position much nearer the date on Ebay at face value, because they couldn't go and I wish I had bought them instead. My son got two good tickets for REM like that. He now lives in America and buys a lot of tix on Ticketstub. SeatWave is the UK equivalent or if you want to get an ethical deal, try Red Mist. I also read that applications for Glastonbury are slow this year, so there might be a chance of getting some of those, if you have already registered that is (too late if not). I also noticed that Tickemaster do seem to allocate randomly, so it might be worth checking back regularly. There is little point in buying tickets at o2 however unless get near the front or sit in one of the side banks near the front 101 or 112. They might be the best to watch out for.

I have also heard that the remaining concert at Manchester, the seats are going to be offered in a Guardian promotion on 6th April. I shall be in New York then so good luck with it.

See you all in Manchester on 14 June.

Honeyrose.
.....waiting for the miracle to come ..............
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

honeyrose wrote: I have also heard that the remaining concert at Manchester, the seats are going to be offered in a Guardian promotion on 6th April.
4 April not 6 April
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

Judging by the avalanche of complaints about getting tickets,is it not time things were changed and a fairer system in place to give the real fans a chance to get good tickets dare I suggest the ones who have always been there. You can still get good corporate seats in front rows for a price no problem, but I don't have that sort of money. I am sure given a bit of thought, something could be done least giving us a chance to obtain good tickets . Still until we have the courage to be lifed above the herd, it will never happen .
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Hello -
I have just phoned a ticket agency (0871 230 0010) and was told that "Blue Alert tickets" are available. One ticket costs £200. Best seat (Block 101 Row L) entitles the owner to attend the 6 pm pre-concert party (???), plus "a free drink" (size not stated). £200!
(I said: "thank you, but 'no deal' ...")
I was told that the O2 is selling out.
Annie
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

... I am losing the thread re. the O2 in London ....
nevertheless -
four months tonight! LONDON, O2 ARENA, JULY 17 ...
I shall be there in the audience (with 19,999 others) ...
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Bela

Post by Bela »

See you there, Annie from Scotland! :-)
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Hi, Bela!
You and I will be there --- who are the other 19,998? I really appreciated honeyrose's photo of the O2 audience in another thread ... I shall take a telescope (I shall be in Block 102 - half way down the auditorium).
I am still holding onto the belief/truth that it will nevertheless be a very wonderful concert ...
Bela

Post by Bela »

LOL! I shall wave at you from BK 106. I think I need an even longer telescope than you, but I'm very glad Honeyrose posted that photo (for me): I'm not badly off at all.

You should consider yourself lucky, actually: overcome with vertigo, I might have fallen on your head from BK 402 (my original seating position - got new tickets today).

Can you believe it? We're gonna see/hear the guy LIVE! Amazing! :-)
missbrodie04

Post by missbrodie04 »

Hey,

I'm going to be there too - very near the top, very near the back (I might bring a parachute as well as a telescope!) - but as long as I'm in the same room as Leonard playing live (even if it is a 'room' the size of an aircraft hangar), I'm happy!
'Are we downhearted? No!'
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

... I am really enjoying the good feeling about people turning up into "the aircraft hanger" to listen to LC and his troubadours ... it feels that something transforming has happened. It seems that we are making the best out of a poorly chosen venue. As said in other threads, LC will likely know nothing of the admin; his job is to be the musician on the stage. I am keeping my irritation about the O2 to one side (and maybe to be shared with MPs, Ticketmaster management, etc). I'm now focussed on anticipating seeing LC on stage. It seems so long ago ...

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”