London, 02 Arena, July 17 tickets

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Bela

Re: London, 02 Arena, July 17

Post by Bela »

Hi, Annie!
Nice to see you again! Didn't the concert seem a long way away then? And here it is now. :-)

You poor thing. I hope your ankle won't incapacitate you too much. I would have loved to meet you all at the Trafalgar Tavern, but I'm afraid I won't be able to. I'm trying to leave my home as late as possible so I can 'survive' the evening. I hope you all have a fantastic time.

PS. The binoculars thing was a bit of a joke, but my seat is along way away from the stage so I will probably take a pair of very light binoculars. I'm sure the big screens will be very useful.

Have fun tomorrow!
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Bela -
I hope that you enjoy the evening .... and maybe maybe maybe Leonard might return to the UK in the autumn???
Yet tomorrow night awaits ...it is really happening! 24 hours and we'll be finding our seats. (Ho, hum!)
I am not packing binoculars, neither telescope or monocular. Just taking my open heart.
I hope you find it all easy and I hope that you find it light.
Annie
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
Bela

Post by Bela »

Thank you so much, Annie! :-)
jennieafb

Post by jennieafb »

There are tickets for sale via O2 website right now!!!!!

Floor and first upper level!

hope this might just make someone's evening!
Bela

Post by Bela »

Annie! Did you enjoy the concert? I was (and still am) ecstatic. I waved to you - no idea where you were sitting, but I waved anyway. :-)
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Bela - belated hi!
Hope you pick up this message - I waved to you in the 02 ... hope it reached you amid the other 19,999 .... I so loved the concert - it totally took me by surprise. I was transported. (In the 02 !) So much so that I have my ticket for November. Have you?
Highpoint of the concert for me was "Who Shall I Say Is Calling?" - I found it breathtaking and terse.
I read that Leonard will sing new songs in Autumn!
Life just gets better and better.
Waving to you again across the ether -
Annie
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Bela

Post by Bela »

Wasn't it just amazing, Annie?! I loved all the songs - the ones I knew very well and the ones I didn't so much. I was on the verge of tears most of the time, but 'If It Be Your Will' made me cry because I was having a cancer scare last month and felt rather vulnerable. Fortunately I found out last week that I'm OK, but for a while I thought the concert might literally be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. And it might still be because I don't have a ticket for either of the concerts in November: I'm a bit superstitious and I didn't want to jinx it. I thought I might buy a ticket and then find out I couldn't possibly go. I might still manage to get a ticket from somewhere... It would be great.

See you around, Annie!
Bela x
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

this is a wee note for Bela -
DELIGHTED to hear your good news!!!
I suspect that we are both of the age group where lumps and bumps are getting worrysome ("over 40 - at least ...")?
I've quoted: "there is a crack in everything; that's how the light gets in" endlessly, ever since I first heard it ... it highlights how precious is life and light, and it highlights the necessity to live in the moment and enjoy everything to the utmost.
Bela, I do hope you'll get a ticket for the Autumn tour. If not (and also if!), let's hope for dvds and cds and more "vines".
All Bests,
Annie xx
Bela

Post by Bela »

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Annie! Yes, you could say I'm 'over 40' (I wish, LOL!). Living in the moment is not easy, is it?

I'm still hopeful re. the Autumn tour. Something may well turn up.

I was lovely meeting you in cyberspace. Take care.
Bela xx
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Dear Bela -
I hope you find this message ...
Come to the RAH - it is such a special place to hear Leonard ... I wouldn't miss him there.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”