CONCERT REPORT: Amsterdam (July 12)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
pegasus4

Re: amsterdam westergasfabriek 12 juli

Post by pegasus4 »

Hi, I travelled from England to this concert.The concert was just the best I've ever seen.The crowd was very large,very friendly and wonderfuly appreciative.The venue was superb and the weather although threatening rain and delivering fleetingly on a few occasions generally behaved itself and had the exqisite decency to bathe the whole assembly in golden evening sunshine during some of the songs ,most memorably during the singing of "Hallelujah" when a stage camera man captured the heavenly host and inserted it into the film recording sequence-a moment of improvising brilliance.The sound balance for the concert was superb.The band and 'angels' were brilliant. People crowded the grass banks outside the stadium to listen even if they could not see the stage.LC came on for four encores and the crowds inside and outside were captivated beyond words into the dark of night.In reverence we left after a truely spiritual experience in the presence of the master of songs from the heart and soul.The most graciuos of men and an artist of genious.
Nessus Jr

Post by Nessus Jr »

mike35 wrote:Otherwise a great show
"Otherwise" ... oh thank you...
I just thought I saw one of the most moving gigs I've ever been too, so it could have been even better??

pretty pathetic no?

sorry ...dick liked my style and humour ... and wanted me to contribute more, well there you go ...

Marco
2008 Amsterdam
2012 Ghent
dick

Post by dick »

Hang around Macro

and tell that marvelously beautiful and sexy ania to pronouce again...

"I like Dick!"

still luv you too Ania!

Big
ellenaversonn

Post by ellenaversonn »

i was happy to be there

Henning

Post by Henning »

Leonard was in top form and so were his fans.
Attachments
Photo by Wijbe Lageveen.
Photo by Wijbe Lageveen.
lcamsterdam.jpg (94.49 KiB) Viewed 9200 times
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
dmtindian

Post by dmtindian »

IMG_2137.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG (165.56 KiB) Viewed 9157 times
Geert

Post by Geert »

Magical, brillant, moving are the least words to describe my feelings that wonderful evening.

I feel a little sad in the end; will it my last time to see him ...? In the end he waves to us a gentle farewell:

More pictures at : http://www.geertfotografeert.nl/jul08/120708.html
Nessus Jr

Post by Nessus Jr »

Beautiful & moving picture!!!
2008 Amsterdam
2012 Ghent
ispellit

Post by ispellit »

Thanks to all of you for your amazing pictures !!
Geert wrote:I feel a little sad in the end; will it my last time to see him ...? In the end he waves to us a gentle farewell:
Most moving picture, Geert! Though I shudder at the thought that those waves might actually be his farewell-waves.
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7,3
Henning

Post by Henning »

I assist Youspellit - it's a fantastic shot, Geert. Well done.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

ispellit wrote:Thanks to all of you for your amazing pictures !!
Geert wrote:I feel a little sad in the end; will it my last time to see him ...? In the end he waves to us a gentle farewell:
Most moving picture, Geert! Though I shudder at the thought that those waves might actually be his farewell-waves.
They are all wonderful pictures and lest we get too sad, I post another one from Geert's site:
leonardcohen4.jpg
leonardcohen4.jpg (38.68 KiB) Viewed 9326 times
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Diane

Post by Diane »

Geert I think that picture of Leonard waving is beautiful.
Padma

Post by Padma »

Geert - Wonderful pictures - Dolores is in one of the shots in the background!!
Davido

Post by Davido »

Excellent pictures. I like Leonard's tie - is that a 'dove of peace' on it?
They should sell those as well.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
maurice

Post by maurice »

It's good to read all these raving reviews in the papers and I was happy to be there. A lifetime experience.
You know who I am...

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”