Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
brodharley

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by brodharley »

Hi all
I have been a fan for longer than I wish to remember Now 60 years of age Leonard has seen me through 3marriages 2 wives detested him ,but third one has heard him so much ,she has been converted, I saw him twice at concerts in Manchester ,much earlier in his career.
I am desperate to see him for his final tour any date at opera house manchester 2 tickets required 1 for me and 1 for my WIFE!
It makes my blood boil to see witin seconds of being sold out ,tickets on sale on Ebay at vastly inflated prices :(
eheath

Post by eheath »

Hi all
Great to see that LC is able to find the time to come to such a small city(St.John's- Nfld pop 100,000 ).
Funny but we attended a St. Patrick's day party on Sat night and ended up singing only Cohen songs. Have been a fan since about 1988. Hope my wife and I can get tickets along with a lot of my friends. Cheers.
crow_ho

Post by crow_ho »

Does anybody know if the forum members be able to get advanced tickets for the May 11 show in Fredericton NB Canada?
zenlunatic

Post by zenlunatic »

Greetings! Does anyone know if there will be a pre-sale opportunity for the Hamilton, ON show? Thanks!

"Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." -Leonard Cohen
tongzhi

Post by tongzhi »

I've looked through the posts and cannot find anything that clarifies the Hamilton show. The LCFiles states that the show does not have a presale and goes on sale to the public on the 3-20. This is contrary to the ticketmaster website that says there is a pre-sale on 3-19. Does anyone have any info?
zenlunatic

Post by zenlunatic »

Another question... and I apologize if it has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know why the Kitchener, ON show is not even being listed on the Ticketmaster site? I thought that those tickets were supposed to go onsale the same day the Hamilton ones do. Hamilton is listed, Kitchener is not. Any ideas?

Thanks.
martingrossman

Post by martingrossman »

Are there tickets available for Kitchner on June 2? If so, how (as a Forum member) can I purchase two? Also, I am in the US; Do we need passports to fly into Canada on a fight originating in Portland, OR? Please let me know ASAP.

I have been a fan of LC since first reading his poems in 1962. I have never seen him in person. I don't want to miss this chance.

Thanks.

Martin Grossman
martingrossman@minspring.com
Martin Grossman
stpararenex

Post by stpararenex »

You do need a passport to enter Canada now, however, you do not need a visa.

The Kitchener/Hamilton locations don't have any forum member incentives... you would have to buy through ticketmaster when they go on sale Wednesday/Thursday. I do not know which is which. There is a lot of confusion regarding those locations.
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

The venue for Kitchener ON (Center in the Square) has its own on-line ticket sales system. The link for the Centre in the Square is http://www.centre-square.com

It appears that this system is not part of Ticketmaster, but since I'm in Salisbury Maryland, I'm not certain that this is correct. Perhaps a forum member from the Kitchener or Hamilton area can provide clarification.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
CohenDylanfan

Post by CohenDylanfan »

I would like to buy two near the stage tickets to Leonard Cohen concert at Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia for May 20/08.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

As announced in the other threads (see them for details) the pre-sale to other Canadian cities than Toronto and Montreal has been cancelled because of the technical problems with the small venues in the Atlantic Canada. Contact the theaters directly on Thursday when the public booking begins. Some of these venues may have pre-sale of their own but it is NOT for the fan community but for local groups that for some reason have the right of first refusal.
CohenDylanfan

Post by CohenDylanfan »

Thanks so much jarkko for your assistance, while waiting for a reply from you I did call the local venue and was able to book my tickets a day in advance by becoming a member of the local theatre. Hope to get near the front of stage tickets.
All the way from North Sydney, N.S., Canada, take care.
arubalady

Post by arubalady »

does anyone know if or when the tickets will go on sale for the Holy Heart of Mary Auditorium show for Leonard in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada. Will there be pre-sale available for forum members? This is a small venue for such a huge event I'm worried I won't be able to obtain tickets since I live 9 hours away from the venue! If anyone out there can volunteer any info that might help me please do so....Thanks I was looking for 3 one for my husband who is a huge fan and introduced me to Leonard's music and myself and one for my bro's birthday!
Tereza

Post by Tereza »

I'm from Prague, so I'm waiting for Prague concert ticets. I need to know if there are going to be seats - I'm pregnant, due in September, but I sipmly MUST visit the concert!
hanes

Post by hanes »

arubalady wrote:does anyone know if or when the tickets will go on sale for the Holy Heart of Mary Auditorium show for Leonard in St. John's Newfoundland, Canada. Will there be pre-sale available for forum members? This is a small venue for such a huge event I'm worried I won't be able to obtain tickets since I live 9 hours away from the venue! If anyone out there can volunteer any info that might help me please do so....Thanks I was looking for 3 one for my husband who is a huge fan and introduced me to Leonard's music and myself and one for my bro's birthday!
As far as I know you have to get the tickets through the Mile One box office, either in person, online, or over the phone. On Mile One's website they list the show under Ticket Purchases/Other Venues, with a link to the Admission ticket buying website, although the only Leonard show listed so far is for Moncton. I was reading on a Facebook group about the event that the reps at Mile One said that the show won't be listed on there until tommorow at noon, when they go on sale.

Heres a link to the section on the Mile One site, it has the link to Admission (which I think/assume is an offshoot of Ticketmaster)
http://mileonecentre.com/outside.asp

If you are going to try to get them online, make sure you set up an account with the Admission site, get a login code and all that jazz in advance so you can log on before hand and hope for the best when they go on sale. Good luck :)

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”