What venue is everyone hoping for in London?...

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Kanga

Re: What venue is everyone hoping for in London?...

Post by Kanga »

I'd like the Royal Albert Hall - I checked their website and there are plenty of free nights until the Proms start in July
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
phiggi@hotmail.com

Post by phiggi@hotmail.com »

Royal Albert or Royal Festival would be great. Roundhouse? Is it better than it used to be? That is, is it no longer a draughty barn where you have to stand in the freezing cold all night? If so, then count me in.

Other possibilities: Lyric, Hammersmith. Intimate. Bloomsbury Theatre. Barbican.
DCS

Post by DCS »

Let's hope it's the RAH. But I notice the 2008 Proms season takes place between
Friday 18 July and Saturday 13 September.
the end

Post by the end »

I'd love to see him at the roundhouse, I saw morrissey there in January and thought it was a great venue. RAH sonds like a good shout too, I've not been before but I'm going to a gig there next month so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like
mrtom@cantab.net

Post by mrtom@cantab.net »

RAH would definitely get my vote!!

Here's hoping...

Tom
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

My choice of London venue would be Albert Hall, London Hammersmith Apollo,
London Palladium, Festival Hall, O2 or a nice back garden in Bromley Kent.
Wembly with its aweful transport links and over priced catering does not even get on my list .
dharma

Post by dharma »

one venue that's not been mentioned so far is the hampton court music festival

the festival takes place in june (so about the right time) and fits jarkko's hints about the summer tour being mostly outdoor concerts at big venues - it's also kinda similar to the venue being talked about in ireland

ah, i love all this speculation - like waiting till christmas morning to unwrap the presents... ;-)

somerset house is another london venue that has a series of outdoor summer concerts - i attended a truly heavenly beth gibbons gig there a few years back 8)
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Alan_1

Post by Alan_1 »

As others have said I don't mind where he plays in London or for that matter anywhere in the UK.
Just hope it's not just Glasonbury.
Manchester 18 June 2008
London 02 17 July 2008
Bournemouth 11 November 2008
London 02 21 June 2013
technicalblack

Post by technicalblack »

How about the O2 Wireless Festival in Hyde Park? Probably too big I would have thought but the dates are at the start of July so there's a chance that it could be there - let's hope not though! Hampton Court Palace Festival, Tower of London Festival and somewhere like Kenwood House are possibilities too I'm guessing.

I'm imagining that it might well be the O2 though. Neil Diamond seems to be doing quite well on the ticket sales front there and the venue seems to sell well with 'older' acts as the venue is sold as a luxury one. The place really isn't all THAT bad and has fine sightlines from all angles and far better sound than the RAH and Wembley. I would love it if he did choose to play the RAH but I'm 100% sure that getting tickets for the show would be nightmarish if they do hold it there!

I guess we'll find out soon enough though...
technicalblack

Post by technicalblack »

Well it appears it's the O2 after alll...
Elliott

Post by Elliott »

Yeah that sucks, the 02 is like a mall these days, not the right venue imho. Still, the other UK venues seem promising.

@technicalblack - plus you're right on the money re: likelihood of getting a ticket at the 02 vs RAH. I'd see him play a muddy puddle and beam right the way through the set :D
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

Yes I'm going to try for the O2. I saw the Stones there last Summer and I was pretty impressed with the organisation.
:lol: there will be 20,000 tickets
:( Leonard will be a distant speck
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
loulou

Post by loulou »

ah well, 02 not was i was hoping for , just browsed their website - takes up to 20,000

so how would it work, is it reserved seating ? any input appreciated !
desire the horse
depression the cart
the end

Post by the end »

I saw Prince at the O2 and was blown away by the venue that night but I don't think it's the right setting for LC, 3 or 4 nights at the RAH or simmilar would have been better imo but beggers can't be choosers I guess
diane25

Post by diane25 »

Why oh why doesn't Leonard appear in the new Liverpool Arena , there must be a demand because the current cheapest price I can find for Manchester is £145 for a £30 face value ticket. Come on Leonard , your fans are being ripped off and so are you if you are not getting the value of these seat prices . If you did more concerts here even at £50- £100 a seat you would probably sell more merchandise .

The price of Manchester Opera house seats for circle is £175 and the rear stalls £195 .Dont know this theatre so does anyone know which are likely to be the better seats.

And is it true Len is coming to the Philharmonic Hall in liverpool ? if so when ?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”