Book of longing on CD without Glass

Everything about Leonard's 2006 book of poetry and Anjani's album
simonmoorehead

Book of longing on CD without Glass

Post by simonmoorehead »

Is there any sign of this appearing as I'd prefer to get the narration sans verre!
i would like to buy any artwork by lc
simonmoorehead@yahoo.com

Snow is Falling , there's a nude in my room!
richardrj

Re: Book of longing on CD without Glass

Post by richardrj »

No, there's no sign. I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. And I for one am beginning to find your anti-Glass tirades somewhat wearying. If you don't like the music to BoL, fair enough. From my point of view, it's the words rather than the music that let down the piece, which just goes to show how different people's opinions can get. But whichever way you look at it, Glass is a serious and gifted composer who is in no way deserving of sneers and ridicule.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

As Richard has so succinctly pointed out, the Glass/Cohen collaboration of BOL is a work unto itself, and is protected by copyright as such. BOL is one thing, but BOL with Glass's contribution is quite another. To dissect the piece into two separate parts would be a blatant violation of copyright law.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

linda_lakeside wrote:As Richard has so succinctly pointed out, the Glass/Cohen collaboration of BOL is a work unto itself, and is protected by copyright as such. BOL is one thing, but BOL with Glass's contribution is quite another. To dissect the piece into two separate parts would be a blatant violation of copyright law.
A slight misunderstanding here I fear. At the pre-concert Barbican talk, Cohen said that he had recorded all of the BoL texts as four spoken word CDs. Some mention was made of the possibility of releasing these commercially, and that is what Simon is asking about.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Ah. I see. Damn, I wish I'd been able to take in at least 'one' of those events. OK, then. :)
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.

Return to “Book of Longing”