"i can't pretend i still feel very much like singing..."

This section is for any non-Cohen topics (except political discussions!)

Moderators: MarieM, Maarten, pekka, Henning, Andrew (Darby), dick, tomsakic, Wybe, jarkko

Re: "i can't pretend i still feel very much like singing..."

Postby 3mariza1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Beautiful the lullaby lizzytych, its after is a child's from peaceful to fall asleep
it is wonderful... that you sung its myös your dear mother.
And if I understand the text correctly, he has recently died, so my the deepest condolences to you.
Last edited by 3mariza1 on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3mariza1

Postby 3mariza1 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Hi again.. I was just outdoors pick for the talvea varten Rays of the sun rays,
so Lovely sunny weather now and white clouds in the sky,
and my fantasy?... I saw again in clouds already left many of my loved the face. ;-)
3mariza1

Postby lizzytysh on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

[Thank you for your kindness regarding my own recent loss, Mariza. Geoffrey is one of the primary people I was hoping to hear from regarding it, as I knew his response would be fully understanding and heartfelt, with some wisdom included. Wisdom I might not be ready to hear, but wisdom, nonetheless. But, with no diminished and no diminishing love of and for my mother, which is deep; and as acutely as I'm experiencing and feeling her loss; I had no idea of Geoffrey's own tragic and even greater loss (which until the past couple days I knew nothing of at all) and my Mom would agree with this. If such things can be ordered in their intensity, it is my understanding that it is as I've described. I'll write you privately regarding mine, Mariza.]

What you've described is beautiful, Mariza. Mother Nature can be so kind in acknowledging us and our losses and giving us strength in ways that only she can.

My hope is that with Geoffrey being English speaking he's already well aware of Brahm's Lullaby and may have his own personal experiences with the lullaby and his beautiful and deeply beloved daughter.

Love,
Lizzy
xox
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby Geoffrey on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:27 am

tinderella asked:
>What was your daughter's name, and maybe you can publish a photo of her when you feel like it.

hello my dear friend bernadine. her name was wendy, and today, after two months, we finally put her below the earth on the tiny island of harøy where she lived. she loved leonard's work, and for that reason 'if it be your will' was one of the songs included in the church ceremony. it was a beautifully sunny day today, though i am glad it's over. one of her little daughters put a lamp into the ground with a candle that will burn through the night, and the other gave a glass humming bird that lights up when the sun goes down. i would like to sincerely thank everyone who has been with me in spirit through this time of grief; it has helped more than anyone can know. bless you. love -g

Geoffrey

Postby jazz4111 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:06 am

Oh Geoffrey, sometimes there simply are no words ... If tears can be of any help, you have mine today.
Jazz
jazz4111

Postby tinderella on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Dear Geoffrey.

A thousand thanks for allowing me and the other people here, to try share with you in what must have been your worst nightmare.

The photograph is very poignant. Thank you again, for being brave enough to allow us to see it. I love the photo you attached of Wendy. Her life was cut short at a very young age. I hope her little daughters will remind you of her as they grow and I am sure they will be surrounded by a lot of love to cope with not having their mother with them anymore.

I am sure the ceremony to celebrate her life was a beautiful one.

Take care of yourself Geoffrey and I am still here if you ever want a reply to your messages.

Love Bernadine . Big hugs
tinderella

Postby Geoffrey on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 am

tinderella wrote:
>I am sure the ceremony to celebrate her life was a beautiful one. Take care of yourself Geoffrey and I am still here if you ever want a reply to your messages.
>Love Bernadine. Big hugs

there is something very attractive about the way you look and write; it is a privilege to know you. concerning my daughter i should add that even though she was laid in the earth yesterday, the ceremony was actually a month ago. it was not "beautiful", though - the opposite, in fact. i'm afraid there was a bit of a scene. yes, there certainly was. but i feel calm now, thanks to the warmth and goodness a lot of people have been willing to share. gx
Geoffrey

Postby Cate on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 am

She was lovely G.
So very pretty, with such a warm smile.
I can see both your wife and you in her.

Thank you for sharing this picture and the
lovely gifts that your grand daughters have
given - both gifts so very touching.

much love to you,
xx
Cate
“Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.”
― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
Cate

Postby 3mariza1 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Your daughter and her memories to remain in your hearts always, blessing you, and coping I hope.

love
-mariza-
Last edited by 3mariza1 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
3mariza1

Postby denise knowles on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Dear Geoffery,

I have no word's to say, they have already been said so beautifully, in the posts before me, except I think we are all with you in spirit.

Loving thoughts for you and your family

Denise
denise knowles

Postby remote1 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't know you, but my thoughts are with you in your darkness.
"We are so lightly here"
remote1

Postby lizzytysh on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 pm

oh, Geoffrey. It's unfathomable that Wendy is gone. There is just so much sweetness and purity in her face... with so much life still to live. Thank you for sharing her photo and yours of her beautiful grave site. Such a hard hard time for you. I'm so sad for you and everyone she left behind.

love,
Lizzy
xxx
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lizzytysh

Postby caz on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss Geoffrey - so many others have already said such beautiful things: I can only add my sympathies across the miles in this, your time of sorrow. You will feel like singing, one day.
caz

Postby Geoffrey on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 pm

caz wrote:So sorry to hear of your loss Geoffrey - so many others have already said such beautiful things: I can only add my sympathies across the miles in this, your time of sorrow. You will feel like singing, one day.

thank you, caz. i do feel like singing sometimes now, so you were right. i possess no talent in that direction, though; nor in any other - unfortunately. i would like to post, if i may, a photograph from my mobile phone. hope you are well, and apologies for this late response. -g
Geoffrey

Previous

Return to Everything Else