Berlin DVD

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

Berlin DVD

Post by Henning »

A DVD that covers the happenings around the Berlin Event will be offered in 2 or 3 months. I hope it will be before christmas time. It will come as a double pack together with the Chris and Carla recording on CD.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This is wonderful news, Henning :D . You've really outdone yourself as a coordinator 8) . It'll be great to savour these from my own living room, as well as with those to whom I've tried to describe the Event :D .

Those who were unable to attend will now have the opportunity to do so virtually :D .

~ Lizzy
margaret

Post by margaret »

A DVD will be most appreciated :D

Thank you Henning and others who are making this possible.

Margaret
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

I just hope my balled sport is edited out. I will NEVER get a dance with Evelyn if she sees it.

Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
evelyn

berlin dvd

Post by evelyn »

Thanks Henning!

Peter,

I can't wait to see the dvd, mostly to re-experience the wonderful event
and partly to see what what you're talking about - balled sport?

evelyn
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

oh evelyn it should have been balled spot.

hugs
peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
evelyn

berlin dvd

Post by evelyn »

Peter,

Oh - bald spot, didn't notice! :wink:

evelyn
Henning

Post by Henning »

Wijbe Lageveen, director of the Berlin DVD, has set up a trailer to view for all:

http://members.chello.nl/w.lageveen/promo.html

In case you are interested in a copy please contact me:

henfranz@aol.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Drat! Nothing visible from home... I'll be so glad when I get a REAL computer!?! I'll try again tomorrow at work. I can tell you from past experience [Wijbe's N.Y. dvd ~ and, particularly, his Hydra one] that he just keeps getting better and better at doing this... and it'll be WELL worth the $20 USD and other currencies for anyone wanting a GREAT memory of The Great Event 8) .

~ Lizzy

WHAT the HECK is going on!?! I can't get even the visuals to come forth from work! At home, the little boxes continue to twirl into place on the black screen, and when they finally stop... that's it, nothing happens. They just sit there. Here ~ all I get is a blank, black screen, with nothing twirling and nothing happening. I keep clicking on the "Start" arrow, but still nothing. This 'relationship' I have with all things electronic leaves much to be desired. Clocks and watches go wrong in their times and then stop altogether... and all electronic equipment, regardless of its type, goes 'bad' long before its natural time. I don't get it.
Diane

Post by Diane »

That looks great Wijbe! Henning I have banned myself from spending any money at the moment, on anything other than the bare necessities of life. Can I order it when I have finished paying for this year's excesses?

The preview brings back a few memories. I think you'll like it when you see it Lizzy. Great footage of you dancing with Even 8) ! Can somebody get a computer person to Lizzy?

Cheers,

Diane
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, no doubt I'll have to rely on Memories for that fun time, dancing with Even and whoever that beautiful, Greek-looking woman was that I danced with, as well... [and who I never recalled seeing before the dance floor, or even after our dancing! She just appeared from seemingly nowhere, and disappeared just as quickly... if I didn't know better, I'd have thought she was an apparition]. It was SOOO much fun dancing with each of them... her and Even. The room was twirlingandswirlingandablur and all I saw in focus were their smiles and laughter, glowing eyes and beaming faces. I finally half-concluded that maybe she was a staff person or friend of the band. No idea beyond that! Never spoke to her... just danced. And Even ~ what a glorious trip THAT man was :D 8) !!! He had the energy and strength to keep me on track with what I wanted most to do in those moments... MOVE!!! Seeing it will surely take me back 8) .

I'll try with someone else's computer here, today. No idea what the problem could be, except my dysfunctional relationship with electronics. They see me coming and shut down :( .

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay... I at least have a clue for someone, though I have no clue myself what it means... but my friend here at work tried to get to this on her computer and she's computer savvy. She pointed out in the lower left corner of the page where it says Done, but it also has an Error arrow, indicating that there's an error on that webpage [where it shows the blank, black screen where you'd just click on the Play arrow to see it ~ there's a link on the bright blue backdrop, beneath the black screen, to get me to Wijbe and Willy's home page] and how it was somehow downloaded wrong[?] ~ I can't make sense of how this could be... and some could get to it and me not, though... so, that's all I can say, at this point.

Does this provide any hints as to how something might get 'corrected' for my viewing ~ like maybe related to the PAL/NFTC [or whatever the acronym is] mode ~ or is it something running interference on this end??

Thanks.

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well... who knows... maybe just contact with the creator was enough! Or, maybe his advice to not click the Start arrow too soon ~ however, whichever! I can see you're still doing a phenomenal job with this kind of thing, Wijbe 8) !

The first time through, I watched it with no sound [from my computer] and it had such a dreamy quality, with the way and speed at which you've captured everyone's movements... then, with sound, from my computer-savvy friend's computer, it had such an exciting quality. Both were very fitting to my memories and seeing them come alive again :D ... I can't wait to get the 'real thing' 8) ! Or for Ksenia to see it :lol: .

Thanks for all your work and care, Wijbe. These are priceless when it comes to capturing forever wonderful memories :D . I sure would love to dance with Even, again 8) .

~ Lizzy
Wybe
Site Admin

number of views

Post by Wybe »

I'm happy that everyone can see it now. The trailer is seen 370 times after I put it on-line last Friday.

Wijbe
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's excellent, Wijbe... now if they'll just start ordering copies :) . Your finished results with these are always so excellent 8) !!

~ Lizzy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”