Leonard Cohen Event Berlin 2006 Newsletter June 1

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

Leonard Cohen Event Berlin 2006 Newsletter June 1

Post by Henning »

Hello my people,

let's face it - only 2 months to go and we all know, how fast time moves. I have a couple of news for you - good and bad ones. This way it compares to normal life, doesn't it. In general there's nothing else to say but Berlin is waiting for you and so are we, the organisers. The contracts are signed, the nice weather is booked. Now all you have to do, is to bring your own good vibes to Berlin and be prepared to enjoy a fantastic gathering. Here are the latest developments:

1.) Beautiful Losers on TV

The German-French TV cooperation "Arte" informed me about their intension, to produce a 15 minutes report with the recent news on Leonard Cohen. It will include informations about the new video "I'm your man", the "Book of Longing" and our fan gathering. They plan to do interviews and show parts of the performances and our after show parties. The whole thing will be broadcasted on September 2 on Arte TV at 11.45 p.m.

2.) Vicky Hynes

Unfortunately Vicky has cancelled her performance in Berlin. We are sorry to hear about this and she really wanted to come but cannot make it happen. We hopefully will see her in Edmonton 2008.

3.) Chris and Carla

YES - YES - YES - they already booked flights from Zagreb to Berlin.

4.) Jan Erik Lundquist

A couple of Cohenists, including the boss of bosses Jarkko Arjatsalo, met in Cologne on May 27 to see the show of Jan Erik and his band. Jan Erik, who has performed at all our gatherings since Montreal, has really mad some big steps forward in his career. It was a splendid evening and I must say I heard my favorite cover of "Hey that's no way to say-goodbye". I am looking forward to hear it again on Friday August 11 !

http://www.hydraproductions.de/sommerbl ... qvist.html

5.) Zachary Oberzan

Zachary has redesigned his website with infos about his new record.

http://www.zacharyoberzan.com

6.) Giant Poster "I'm your man"

Lian Lunson, director of the new film "I'm your man" has sent Jarkko giant promotion posters. We will draw 5 lucky winners on the Event Sunday evening. So don't miss out to be there.

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/posters/pos ... ourman.jpg

7.) No boat trip

We have tried hard to charter a boat for a one hour trip, which we would have used to bring us to the Universal Hall on Sunday. But they charge only for 3 hour boat trips minimum and that definitely exceeds our budget. I am sorry for this - but hope you will understand. Nevertheless I recommend to do a boat trip on your own or maybe with a smaller group. Monday August 14 in the afternoon would be a good date for this enterprise.

8.) City Walking Tour
When I was in Berlin during the last 2 years - I always had eyes and ears on English speaking guides whenever they passed me by.Two months ago I found what I wanted: Nicole Ziegler. She is native English speaking and a real refreshment in this world of sorries and usually doing bike tours for her company

http://www.fattirebiketoursberlin.com

We agreed on 4 tours of 2.5 hours beginning at 9.30 a.m. on each event day (FRI, SAT, SUN) plus Monday starting at the event hotels and ending at Alexander Platz. Nicole promised to write to this mailing list in a very short of time to describe, what's going to happen on this tour.

9.) BBQ on Sunday

We will provide BBQ and also vegetarian food on Sunday evening at the Universal Hall. Eat as much as you want for 5 Euros only. The coupon for this is available at the registration desk.

10.) Registration desk

The participants are arriving on different days starting on Tuesday, August 8. The registration desk, where you will receive your event bag, will be open on

Wednesday, August 9 from 5 p.m. til 6.30 p.m.

Thursday, August 10 from 5 p.m. til 6.30 p.m.

Friday, August 11 from 11 a.m. til 12.30 p.m.

Please get your event bag as soon as you arrive in Berlin. The registration desk will be in the Lobby of the IBIS-Hotel, Anhalter Str. 4 !

11.) Event pass

In the event bag you will find your event pass. Access to the evening performances is only possible with the event pass.

12.) Event mementos

The event bag also contains several gifts - in case you love surprises don't ask for details.

That's it for the time being - Have a good time, folks !

Henning
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for this organized update, Henning :D ~

You're working your heart out to ensure we have a wonderful time 8) . I know we will :D . This Arte project ~ such a pleasant surprize 8) :o !

Love,
Lizzy
margaret

Post by margaret »

Henning,

Can you provide some directions to get to the event hotels from the Airport please?

Margaret
Henning

Post by Henning »

Yep, Margaret, I will do that soon !

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”