LC Event Berlin 2006: Two Lawyers and an Ocean Between

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

LC Event Berlin 2006: Two Lawyers and an Ocean Between

Post by Henning »

A much anticipated panel discussion will focus on point/counterpoint interpretations of several Cohen tracks, amongst them "The Master Song" and "I'm Your Man.".

Our English panellist, the eminent Queen's Counsel Michael Wolkind, will argue that the selected songs express the artist's religious and romantic themes.

Our American panellist, the scrappy Philadelphia Lawyer Geoffrey Gompers, will argue that they primarily express sexual themes.

Michael has voiced shock and distress at Geoff's "absurd and lascivious commentary" whilst Geoffrey has laughed, in quite a high-pitched tone, at Mickey's "prudish and repressed interpretations."

The forum is expected to be lively, spirited and irresistibly contentious.

Whilst we all hope that a clear victor will emerge, in the event of a draw, the bout will be decided by the ancient "contest de chugging", a ritual that dates back several weeks to when Geoffrey first thought of it.

The winner will then be the first to down the drink randomly allocated to him by the Event committee. Geoffrey, who is on intimate terms with all members of the committee,(photographs available on request), will be given a shot of Southern Comfort whilst, to reflect his popularity, Michael has been allocated a cup of scalding hot water.

We think that is fair.

Guest Stars joining this event, subject to availability and price, will include at least one out of O J Simpson, Homer Simpson, Homer, Nelson Mandela, Nelson, Madonna, Donnie Darko and Jarkko. Only one of those is an accountant from Finland and thus properly qualified to partake in the level of excitement that this Event will generate.

Satuday August 12, 1 p.m. Heilig-Kreuz-Kirche Berlin
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

beautifully drafted, Henning. Your English is just a delight.

do you know if the local Berlin bookies are yet offering odds on this major bout? I wish to place 5 deutschmark on Philadelphia Geoff, he sounds like my sort of guy.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Very funny :lol: . I can't wait :wink: .

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”