Vegetarian food in Berlin

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

Vegetarian food in Berlin

Post by Henning »

I think this could be of common interest - my response to Mike DubYa:

"In answer to your recent enquiry about brothels with vegetarian food, I have
asked around among my friends and work colleagues and no-one knows of such a
place. In my experience food is not a high priority at these places!

If I do find one that meets yor requirements I will of course be letting you
know! How are Barnet doing these days, I still follow QPR when the English
results come through

Have a nice weekend

Henning
"
mickey_one

Re: Vegetarian food in Berlin

Post by mickey_one »

Henning wrote:I think this could be of common interest - my response to Mike DubYa:

"In answer to your recent enquiry about brothels with vegetarian food, I have
asked around among my friends and work colleagues and no-one knows of such a
place. In my experience food is not a high priority at these places!

If I do find one that meets yor requirements I will of course be letting you
know! How are Barnet doing these days, I still follow QPR when the English
results come through

Have a nice weekend

Henning
"
oh for goodness sake, henning

how could you do this to me. my enquiry for help was really personal and you go and publish it. I will be a complete laughing thingy now.

Going to a brothel during the Event is obviously a very macho and cultured thing to do, but what wil my lC friends think about the vegetarian food.

I have tried so hard to break my addiction, yet I just wake up in the morning feeling really quorny.

but damn you, damn you for my public exposure (and that's another problem I have but I am not going to trust you with that information).
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Michael, but would vegetarians be comfortable in such a meat-market, anyway? :wink:

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Andrew (Darby) wrote:Michael, but would vegetarians be comfortable in such a meat-market, anyway? :wink:

Andrew (Darby)
Andrew, I note your refusal to condemn Henning's notorious conduct. I can only take this as implicit approval. I am highly disappointed in you.

I therefore withdraw my earlier offer to fund your visit to "the best damn brothel that Henning can recomend". I had been willing to donate the money to cover your entire visit there (you recall your words to me just the other night, "3 minutes will do me, Michael, thanks very much")

I do not think that I know you well enough to discuss the comparative merits of meat and tofu. You are coming on far too strong for a first date.

Desist, Sir or you will hear from my Lawyer.
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

:lol:

What else can I possibly say? ... except perhaps, that you have given me some "tofu for thought"! :wink:

Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Andrew (Darby) wrote::lol:

What else can I possibly say? ... except perhaps, that you have given me some "tofu for thought"! :wink:

Andrew (Darby)
give that man a nice cup of vegetarian brothel please.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Henning I think it was a wise move on your part sharing with us what must have obviously been a private request (well it isn’t something you want to shout from the rooftops!!!).

I did a double take. Mickey-One you are not the man I thought you were. It’s no wonder you wanted your request kept quiet.

I now have a real problem about whether or not to cancel my trip to Berlin I did not realise I would be mixing with people who had those sort of “desires”.

I don’t know what others feel about it but I am going to a quiet room to meditate to consider my options.

Henning can you please tell me truthfully is Mickey-One the only vegetarian going?
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Paula wrote:Henning I think it was a wise move on your part sharing with us what must have obviously been a private request (well it isn’t something you want to shout from the rooftops!!!).

I did a double take. Mickey-One you are not the man I thought you were. It’s no wonder you wanted your request kept quiet.

I now have a real problem about whether or not to cancel my trip to Berlin I did not realise I would be mixing with people who had those sort of “desires”.

I don’t know what others feel about it but I am going to a quiet room to meditate to consider my options.

Henning can you please tell me truthfully is Mickey-One the only vegetarian going?
Paula you take a harsh view. I have struggled for years to supress these quorny feelings but ever since I saw Andy Derby demolishing 3 plates of tofu for breakfast one day in Hydra I can't stop the fantasies.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Excuses excuses Mickey this is the problem we always have. Denial is not just a river in Egypt (see how young and hip I am) :lol:

You should consider how revolting it is for smokers watching vegetarians chasing peas round a plate. By the time you have finished we will have missed our fag break!!!
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Paula wrote:Excuses excuses Mickey this is the problem we always have. Denial is not just a river in Egypt (see how young and hip I am) :lol:

You should consider how revolting it is for smokers watching vegetarians chasing peas round a plate. By the time you have finished we will have missed our fag break!!!
ok, we shall have to have it out, you and me, at a brothel of your choice in Berlin.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Since I now got the impression that this is a sort of delicate topic I looked up the dictionary to see what brothel means. Sincere apologies to Mike, I indeed should have kept this request private. But now that the word is out and now that I got more mails revealing an interest in such an etablisement, I am glad to tell you that we arranged a 5 minutes split up of the group during the city walking tour. The one part visits a vegetarian brothel (we finally found one) while the other part gets the chance to eat some meat balls on the other side of the street. 5 minutes should do, don't you think so ?
mickey_one

Post by mickey_one »

Henning wrote:Since I now got the impression that this is a sort of delicate topic I looked up the dictionary to see what brothel means. Sincere apologies to Mike, I indeed should have kept this request private. But now that the word is out and now that I got more mails revealing an interest in such an etablisement, I am glad to tell you that we arranged a 5 minutes split up of the group during the city walking tour. The one part visits a vegetarian brothel (we finally found one) while the other part gets the chance to eat some meat balls on the other side of the street. 5 minutes should do, don't you think so ?
I need details of this establishment immediately (or sooner if possible). have you tried it out, are there any house specialites that you recommend?

Is it possible to be served by 2 differnet "waitresses" at the same time.

Is it customary to leave a tip at such a place or is that just too painful?
Byron
Location: Mad House, Eating Tablets, Cereals, Jam, Marmalade and HONEY, with Albert

Post by Byron »

I hoped to ask about vegan massage parlours, but someone accused me in a pm of milking the situation.

Bloody carnivores!
"Bipolar is a roller-coaster ride without a seat belt. One day you're flying with the fireworks; for the next month you're being scraped off the trolley" I said that.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Byron, is Albert to attend the vegetarian brothel :?: Be careful with the Vice Squad :arrow: I suspect it may be a Honey Trap :wink:
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
schmedler

Post by schmedler »

hi all....i hate to admit this but i was kinda worried about going to berlin for this festival since i don't know anyone there and don't ever post on the boards here....well, in light of this series of posts :shock: which comes but one day, not even that!!! 12 hours before my departure....i can't wait to get there 8) see ya'll in berlin

laura

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”